Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes

Short Term Rental Mastermind Groups

Posted Jul 15 2022, 12:38

Hi!  I am hoping to join a mastermind group that is focused on the operation and growth of a short term rental business.  Does anyone know of any or are a part of any that they would be willing to share?

Thank you!

Orange County, California

User Stats

Votes
Paul Sandhu
  • Investor
  • The worst town to live in, KS
Votes |
  • Investor
  • The worst town to live in, KS
Replied Jul 15 2022, 12:52

I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you.  Serious.  Serious as a heart attack.

User Stats

Votes
Yesenia Garcia
Votes |
Replied Jul 15 2022, 13:14

The Real Estate Robinsons are hosting an STR Summit in Newport September 11-13 https://therealestaterobinsons...

User Stats

Votes
John Underwood#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Greer, SC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Greer, SC
Replied Jul 15 2022, 13:51

Your are there already.

User Stats

Votes
Luke Carl
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tennessee Florida
Votes |
  • Tennessee Florida
Replied Jul 15 2022, 14:34

Bigger pockets boot camp 

User Stats

Votes
Christian Ehlers
  • Real Estate Agent | NH/MA Seacoast
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent | NH/MA Seacoast
Replied Jul 16 2022, 12:29

You Should have everything you need on Bigger Pockets networking wise, and for information Youtube will be your best friend. Look up the channels "Airbnb Automated" by sean rakidzich and "Robuilt" by Rob Abasolo (Current Biggerp Pockets Podcast Co-host). They will teach you all you need to know to get started. Experience and asking questions here will handle the rest 

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Stevens
  • Attleboro, MA
Votes |
  • Attleboro, MA
Replied Jul 16 2022, 14:19

Everything I learned while starting out came from @Luke Carl , Avery Carl and Rob Abasolo. You are in a great place to learn everything you need.

User Stats

Votes
Dale Bertrand
Votes |
Replied Jul 16 2022, 14:53
Quote from @Marissa Biddle:

Hi!  I am hoping to join a mastermind group that is focused on the operation and growth of a short term rental business.  Does anyone know of any or are a part of any that they would be willing to share?

Thank you!

@Marissa Biddle Don't be intimidated by the answers here directing you to other helpful resources ( and don't really answer your original question ). I've benefited greatly from masterminds in my non-real estate endeavors and highly recommend that you keep looking for an STR mastermind. If you don't find one, start your own! Seriously. And invite me :) There are many people in this forum who would enthusiastically participate. Hit me up if you are curious how I started and ran a mastermind in my life outside of real estate.

- Dale

User Stats

Votes
Robert Reynolds
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Jul 16 2022, 15:41

David Greene just had one in Long Beach, you just missed it… but I’d love to connect and share what we talked about. Depending on where you are looking there are also good Facebook groups that can help you with everything you need. I just bought one in Joshua Tree, and the Facebook community and other investors I’ve met through Bigger Pockets have been a great help. Feel free to hit me up if you ever have any questions. 

Real Estate Agent California (#02166235)

User Stats

Votes
Sean Bramble
  • Investor
  • NYC/ Oklahoma
Votes |
  • Investor
  • NYC/ Oklahoma
Replied Jul 16 2022, 17:04

Dave Meyer shared a great overview of the future outlook for STRs nationally on the latest On The Market podcast

TLDR: summer looks strong nationally, but it's hard to get a read on where things will go 4+ months out with a potential recession looming

Love this podcast, but keep in mind he typically focuses on national statistics ... your local market may look WAY different

https://www.biggerpockets.com/...