Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
Marissa Biddle
Votes |
Short Term Rental Mastermind Groups

Marissa Biddle
Posted Jul 15 2022, 12:38

Hi!  I am hoping to join a mastermind group that is focused on the operation and growth of a short term rental business.  Does anyone know of any or are a part of any that they would be willing to share?

Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Paul Sandhu#4 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • The worst town to live in, KS
Votes |
Paul Sandhu#4 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • The worst town to live in, KS
Replied Jul 15 2022, 12:52

I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you.  Serious.  Serious as a heart attack.

User Stats

Votes
Yesenia Garcia
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jul 15 2022, 13:14

The Real Estate Robinsons are hosting an STR Summit in Newport September 11-13 https://therealestaterobinsons...

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
John Underwood
Pro Member
#1 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • Greer, SC
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • Greer, SC
Replied Jul 15 2022, 13:51

Your are there already.

User Stats

Votes
Luke Carl#3 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tennessee Florida
Votes |
Luke Carl#3 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Tennessee Florida
Replied Jul 15 2022, 14:34

Bigger pockets boot camp 

User Stats

Votes
Christian Ehlers
  • Real Estate Agent
  • NH & MA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • NH & MA
Replied Jul 16 2022, 12:29

You Should have everything you need on Bigger Pockets networking wise, and for information Youtube will be your best friend. Look up the channels "Airbnb Automated" by sean rakidzich and "Robuilt" by Rob Abasolo (Current Biggerp Pockets Podcast Co-host). They will teach you all you need to know to get started. Experience and asking questions here will handle the rest 

Christian Ehlers Realtor Logo

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Stevens
Pro Member
  • Attleboro, MA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Attleboro, MA
Replied Jul 16 2022, 14:19

Everything I learned while starting out came from @Luke Carl , Avery Carl and Rob Abasolo. You are in a great place to learn everything you need.

User Stats

Votes
Dale Bertrand
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jul 16 2022, 14:53
Quote from @Marissa Biddle:

Hi!  I am hoping to join a mastermind group that is focused on the operation and growth of a short term rental business.  Does anyone know of any or are a part of any that they would be willing to share?

Thank you!

@Marissa Biddle Don't be intimidated by the answers here directing you to other helpful resources ( and don't really answer your original question ). I've benefited greatly from masterminds in my non-real estate endeavors and highly recommend that you keep looking for an STR mastermind. If you don't find one, start your own! Seriously. And invite me :) There are many people in this forum who would enthusiastically participate. Hit me up if you are curious how I started and ran a mastermind in my life outside of real estate.

- Dale

User Stats

Votes
Robert Reynolds
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Jul 16 2022, 15:41

David Greene just had one in Long Beach, you just missed it… but I’d love to connect and share what we talked about. Depending on where you are looking there are also good Facebook groups that can help you with everything you need. I just bought one in Joshua Tree, and the Facebook community and other investors I’ve met through Bigger Pockets have been a great help. Feel free to hit me up if you ever have any questions. 

The David Greene Team Logo

User Stats

Votes
Sean Bramble
  • Investor
  • United States
Votes |
  • Investor
  • United States
Replied Jul 16 2022, 17:04

Dave Meyer shared a great overview of the future outlook for STRs nationally on the latest On The Market podcast

TLDR: summer looks strong nationally, but it's hard to get a read on where things will go 4+ months out with a potential recession looming

Love this podcast, but keep in mind he typically focuses on national statistics ... your local market may look WAY different

https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 7 2023, 09:12

Hi I have 3 nice resorts that are short term rentals rn. I'm looking to do a JV partnership with another investors and scale the company. I don't mind which market. Dm me if interested so we can get to work thank you. Possibly even raise money using presentations to scale the business. If you are a superhost please dm me and you know and understand marketing strategies to scale.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Alexander
  • Washington DC
Votes |
  • Washington DC
Replied Dec 8 2023, 06:29

As stated above biggerPockets has a wealth of information but also, there are tons of STR groups on facebook that are national and city and state specific. A lot of the groups have a good mix of new and seasoned hosts that provide an abundant source for you to learn from.

User Stats

Votes
Zachary Cain Humphrey
  • Investor
  • Kentucky
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Kentucky
Replied Dec 8 2023, 08:17

Im in Robuilts Host Camp program. I have liked it so far however it is not necessary for success. I have learned most all i know from free videos on YouTube and listening to free podcasts. But what you cant get access to without joining a group is the group of people itself and the support and relationships / network that comes from that. However I joined Rob's for 1500$. Some of these groups cost 20K which I think is ridiculous. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes