Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
Adriana Rozo
Votes |
Attorney Short term rental consultation

Adriana Rozo
Posted Jul 28 2022, 10:41

Hello looking for recommendations to local short term rental attorneys in South Florida who can help me review agreements with property managers and setting up the safest way to work out with them at 2 short term rental properties I owned in Palm Beach county.  Any advice in this regards is welcome!  Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Paul Sandhu#4 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • The worst town to live in, KS
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Jul 28 2022, 10:46

There is no such thing as a short term rental attorney.  Draw up your own agreement and have all the parties sign it.  It's not rocket science.  If you can't figure it out, doing STRs may not be in your best interest.

User Stats

Votes
Adriana Rozo
Votes |
Replied Jul 28 2022, 12:38
Quote from @Paul Sandhu:

There is no such thing as a short term rental attorney.  Draw up your own agreement and have all the parties sign it.  It's not rocket science.  If you can't figure it out, doing STRs may not be in your best interest.

There's more to advice in starting in this business, than just drafting an agreement... 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Jul 28 2022, 12:43
Quote from @Adriana Rozo:
Quote from @Paul Sandhu:

There's more to advice in starting in this business, than just drafting an agreement... 

If you think that is the case, maybe you are right.  I have 23 short term rentals in this town and didn't require the use of an attorney. Where did I go wrong?

User Stats

Votes
Adriana Rozo
Votes |
Replied Jul 28 2022, 13:07
Quote from @Paul Sandhu:
Quote from @Adriana Rozo:
Quote from @Paul Sandhu:

If you think that is the case, maybe you are right.  I have 23 short term rentals in this town and didn't require the use of an attorney. Where did I go wrong?

How should I know lol!.. good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Todd Goedeke
  • Contractor
  • Sheboygan, WI
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Sheboygan, WI
Replied Jul 29 2022, 19:13

@Paul Sandhu you went wrong in thinking you know everything about STRs. Owning something like RE does not qualify you as successful in the field of STVRs.

User Stats

Votes
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Jul 29 2022, 19:43
Quote from @Todd Goedeke:

@Paul Sandhu you went wrong in thinking you know everything about STRs. Owning something like RE does not qualify you as successful in the field of STVRs.

I'm only making $250,000 a year in my STRs without the use of an attorney.  My purchase price for all the properties was less than that.  Where did I go wrong?  Give me a better answer @Todd Goedeke or go and love yourself.