Pro Member
  • Gibraltar, MI
Votes |
Seeking Real Estate Agents Experienced in Florida STR

Jordan Baratono
Pro Member
  • Gibraltar, MI
Posted Aug 1 2022, 09:41

Anyone have contact with experienced real estate agents in St. Petersburg or Clearwater Florida? We are interested in securing long term leases on quality properties in Florida so we can furnish them and put them on the STR market (with terms written in the long term lease allowing this). Would love to hear stories from anyone having success in the area.

User Stats

Votes
Dalton King
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Melbourne, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Melbourne, FL
Replied Aug 1 2022, 09:57

Hey man, I am an investor agent in florida. I am not in the Clearwater area but I'd love to help pair you with the right person for what you are looking for. 

User Stats

Votes
Nico Alianiello
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Palm Beach County
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Palm Beach County
Replied Aug 1 2022, 10:00

Hey Jordan I'm a realtor in South Florida at the Keyes company if you'd like I can refer you to one of my partners in St. Pete. I actually just got back from an Airbnb vacation from there. It's a beautiful area with incredible STR potential.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Pillow
  • Realtor
  • Destin, Fl
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Destin, Fl
Replied Aug 1 2022, 10:27

So many choices but @Matt "Roar" Gardner is the one. He has multiple multi family investments throughout the south and runs a syndication. He knows his stuff so you can definitely get some value from talking to him.

User Stats

Votes
Tori Magers
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Aug 2 2022, 08:52
Quote from @Jordan Baratono:

Anyone have contact with experienced real estate agents in St. Petersburg or Clearwater Florida? We are interested in securing long term leases on quality properties in Florida so we can furnish them and put them on the STR market (with terms written in the long term lease allowing this). Would love to hear stories from anyone having success in the area.

Hi Jordan! I am looking for the same thing and will keep you posted if I get any good recommendations. My husband and I are from St Pete (currently in Utah) and are moving back next June! Clearwater / Indian Rocks Beach are quite a bit more flexible in STR regulations from what I can research online and get back from the city but St Pete really is the star of the show in that area in my opinion. Would love to connect on these!

User Stats

Votes
Josh Green
Property Manager
  • Realtor
  • Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater, FL
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Realtor
Replied Aug 2 2022, 09:35
Quote from @Tori Magers:

Hi Jordan! I am looking for the same thing and will keep you posted if I get any good recommendations. My husband and I are from St Pete (currently in Utah) and are moving back next June! Clearwater / Indian Rocks Beach are quite a bit more flexible in STR regulations from what I can research online and get back from the city but St Pete really is the star of the show in that area in my opinion. Would love to connect on these!

What part of Utah? We should connect! I'm originally from SLC, UT but moved to the Tampa Bay area (Clearwater) for the real estate investing opportunities. I actually quit my W-2 Career (engineer) not too long ago and went full time (instead of just part time) as a realtor. I work with a lot of investors and mainly on STRs and house-hacks here in the Greater Tampa Bay area (Tampa, St. Pete, Clearwater, etc). I actually close on 2 more this month with clients and am renovating mine right now to throw up on the market as an STR come September. I also do house-hacks and general LTR investing as well and can help no only locating properties but analyzing them, getting you set up with PM, amenities list, and local vendors (handymen, cleaners, etc).

User Stats

Votes
Nick Velez
  • Lender
  • Florida
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Florida
Replied Aug 2 2022, 10:05

@Josh Green I highly second Josh Green and his ability to connect clients with great vendors! 

User Stats

Votes
Tori Magers
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Aug 2 2022, 11:33
Quote from @Josh Green:
Quote from @Tori Magers:

What part of Utah? We should connect! I'm originally from SLC, UT but moved to the Tampa Bay area (Clearwater) for the real estate investing opportunities. I actually quit my W-2 Career (engineer) not too long ago and went full time (instead of just part time) as a realtor. I work with a lot of investors and mainly on STRs and house-hacks here in the Greater Tampa Bay area (Tampa, St. Pete, Clearwater, etc). I actually close on 2 more this month with clients and am renovating mine right now to throw up on the market as an STR come September. I also do house-hacks and general LTR investing as well and can help no only locating properties but analyzing them, getting you set up with PM, amenities list, and local vendors (handymen, cleaners, etc).

Hi Josh!! I live in Salt Lake City, UT right now - we rent in Sugarhouse and absolutely love the area. I am however quite excited to get back to St Pete. I am so happy we can connect! I am looking to house-hack when we move down with an STR in the back and continue to expand my portfolio in STR's and Section 8 Housing. A nice ying and yang in my opinion. I am going to send you a message now

User Stats

Votes
Lucie Tighe
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Aug 2 2022, 14:26

Hi Jordan, I can share a couple of contacts. Shoot me a message. 

User Stats

Votes
Josh Green
Property Manager
  • Realtor
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Realtor
Replied Aug 3 2022, 14:49

@Tori Magers sent you a dm 👍🏼

User Stats

Votes
Mike Dunkle
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Aug 14 2022, 18:55

Hey Jordan and all, I'm new to the St. Pete market, have some experience with AirBnB and looking to do some more STR in St Pete as my wife and I pursue a career transition. Been doing so research, asking around and still learning. It seems as if you're playing by the rules, St Pete and surrounding areas are extremely restrictive. However my understanding is that it comes more down to the specific regulations in the specific zoning district within your municipality, if there is a display requirement for your rental licensure, if the area enforces its rules and if it allows a certain number of STR's for less days than the general requirement (many allow 3 stays less than 30 days, etc.), and finally quite simply your neighbors take issue or not. Here are two sites with good summaries by municipality. Good luck!

https://www.tampabaybeaches.co...

https://pinellasrealtor.org/sh...

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Steffens
Pro Member
#3 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Oct 10 2022, 19:05

@Jordan Baratono - I own an STR company and have done as well as managed arbitrages before. Please make sure you do all of you due diligence as it is risky but not impossible. Feel free to shoot me a DM with any questions

Andrew