Skip to content
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
Brennen Wilcher
Votes |
Where To Post My Glamping Sites For Sale?

Brennen Wilcher
Posted Sep 24 2022, 07:25

Hello my fellow Bigger Pockets members! I currently own 3 glamping campsites that due to my new job promotion I unfortunately need to sell. The only issue that I'm having is figuring out where to post the listing due to them being such a different kind of real estate. I'm even willing to finance the sale of all the assets to make things run smoothly and to hopefully sell them faster. This is a turn key operation with EVERYTHING they'd need to get started.

Thanks again for any help! Love how supportive and helpful this community has been to me so far!

User Stats

Votes
John Carbone
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Gatlinburg
Votes |
  • Gatlinburg
Replied Sep 24 2022, 07:42
Quote from @Brennen Wilcher:

Hello my fellow Bigger Pockets members! I currently own 3 glamping campsites that due to my new job promotion I unfortunately need to sell. The only issue that I'm having is figuring out where to post the listing due to them being such a different kind of real estate. I'm even willing to finance the sale of all the assets to make things run smoothly and to hopefully sell them faster. This is a turn key operation with EVERYTHING they'd need to get started.

Thanks again for any help! Love how supportive and helpful this community has been to me so far!

You don’t have real estate, you have tents. Your best bet is locally where you have been operating the rentals. From what I see, glamping seems to be a Covid fad that is over. If your glamp sites are still profitable, pay someone else to manage it if you don’t have the time. 

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Escobar
Pro Member
  • Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
Replied Sep 24 2022, 09:03

I've seen properties like this for sale on Facebook Marketplace. I'm sure there are some FB groups you could find to post it in as well.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
John Underwood
Pro Member
#1 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • Greer, SC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Greer, SC
Replied Sep 24 2022, 12:24

Zillow, FB Marketplace, CL.

User Stats

Votes
Chase Hoover
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Staunton, VA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Staunton, VA
Replied Sep 24 2022, 15:08

Identify a few agents in your marketplace that specialize in STR / investor rep - they may have clients that they can send it out to. You'd have two sales - a real estate sale for your land, and a personal property sale for your assets.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Baum
Pro Member
  • Olympia, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Olympia, WA
Replied Sep 24 2022, 21:22

Hey @Brennen Wilcher. So, what is on the site? Is it dry camping? Is there running water? Electricity? Septic?

Essentially you have a piece of land. It will be valued as such by an appraiser if there is no permanent structures. 

User Stats

Votes
Brennen Wilcher
Votes |
Replied Sep 25 2022, 08:13
Quote from @Michael Baum:

Hey @Brennen Wilcher. So, what is on the site? Is it dry camping? Is there running water? Electricity? Septic?

Essentially you have a piece of land. It will be valued as such by an appraiser if there is no permanent structures. 

Hey Michael! It's currently located on a campground that supplies water, electric, they handle all complaints along with covering the booking fees. All we have to do is clean the sites after every stay. I'm looking to sell the assets as a kit. 
I posted it to Facebook marketplace and I'm getting some good traction so far but no bites yet. 

User Stats

Votes
John Carbone
  • Gatlinburg
Votes |
  • Gatlinburg
Replied Sep 25 2022, 08:19

Hey Michael! It's currently located on a campground that supplies water, electric, they handle all complaints along with covering the booking fees. All we have to do is clean the sites after every stay. I'm looking to sell the assets as a kit. 
I posted it to Facebook marketplace and I'm getting some good traction so far but no bites yet. 

As i suspected, there is no real estate in this transaction. If you are selling for liquidation prices, i’d consider them for self-storage. 

User Stats

Votes
Brennen Wilcher
Votes |
Replied Sep 25 2022, 09:49
Quote from @John Carbone:

As i suspected, there is no real estate in this transaction. If you are selling for liquidation prices, i’d consider them for self-storage. 

You are correct there is no real estate in this transaction, but there is a contract for the land it sits on that can easily be continued. This isn't a massive operation but for someone who wants to get into short term rentals aka Glamping it's perfect for them.  

User Stats

Votes
Michael Baum
Pro Member
  • Olympia, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Olympia, WA
Replied Sep 25 2022, 11:30

Ahhh ok @Brennen Wilcher. It is just a couple of sites inside an existing campground. For me it has zero value. What you are selling is a business.

I have looked at some of these types of things but the are actual land inside a camping resort type thing. They have electricity, water, sewer etc. Lots are about 1/3 an acre. I could put a park model on it etc. Asking price is/was 35-40k.

This is in WA state where property values are quite high.

User Stats

Votes
Jared Hottle
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cedar falls IA Waterloo, IA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cedar falls IA Waterloo, IA
Replied Nov 14 2022, 05:16

@Brennen Wilcher message me would love to connect about these! Did you move to Cedar Rapids or from Cedar Rapids.

User Stats

Votes
Aida Alemu
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Apr 21 2023, 20:10

@Brennen Wilcher you might want to try https://www.bizbuysell.com or https://thecampgroundconnectio... as a business sale like others mentioned. I'm actually in the process of starting my own glamping business and would love to connect if you're open to it!