Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
Jack Panas
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Calgary, AB
Votes |
Thoughts on "Couch in a Box" for your STR?

Jack Panas
Pro Member
  • Calgary, AB
Posted Oct 3 2022, 23:29

I love the Idea of ordering a couch straight to your door with easy assembly.  Most of them are modular so you can replace a single portion of the couch instead of the whole thing. 

Also the ability to change the whole shape of the couch. Not to mention storage & transport is a lot easier. 

Has anyone used couches like this? What's your experience? would you recommend?   

Currently looking at the brand Cozey as I am in Canada but would love to hear what you guys have experienced!

Cheers,

Jack

User Stats

Votes
John Carbone
  • Gatlinburg
Votes |
  • Gatlinburg
Replied Oct 4 2022, 00:06
Quote from @Jack Panas:

I love the Idea of ordering a couch straight to your door with easy assembly.  Most of them are modular so you can replace a single portion of the couch instead of the whole thing. 

Also the ability to change the whole shape of the couch. Not to mention storage & transport is a lot easier. 

Has anyone used couches like this? What's your experience? would you recommend?   

Currently looking at the brand Cozey as I am in Canada but would love to hear what you guys have experienced!

Cheers,

Jack

I personally think you want to have a recliner in your rental. People are on vacation, recliner is more comfortable. I assume these “couches in a box” don’t have recliner options? Just a guess. 

User Stats

Votes
John Underwood
Pro Member
#1 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • Greer, SC
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • Greer, SC
Replied Oct 4 2022, 04:57

I have higher end vacation rental properties and have higher end furniture.

This might be fine for your 2 bedroom "Airbnb" in town.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Justin Beasley
Pro Member
  • Pigeon Forge, TN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Pigeon Forge, TN
Replied Oct 4 2022, 06:04

We have always gone with higher end furniture. No matter what furniture you purchase there will always be times it needs replaced or repaired. Well built furniture generally last longer, will provide a better experience, and is better for marketing.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 4 2022, 08:58

Amazing how many STRs have crappy uncomfortable couches with 2-3" thick armrests. 

User Stats

Votes
Michael Baum
Pro Member
#2 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Olympia, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Olympia, WA
Replied Oct 4 2022, 13:25

We got all USA made couches and chairs. No recliners actually. I didn't want to deal with a failed mechanism. All are Basset and La-Z-Boy. 5 years in and they still look and work great. All were bought used for pennies on the dollar.

User Stats

Votes
Vincent Chen
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Philadephia, PA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Philadephia, PA
Replied Oct 6 2022, 10:43

@Justin Beasley Any good high end couches to recommend? mainly for big family group for high end STR mountain/beach house?

Need to look quality and good for marketing, but easy to maintain/clean (no stain, not look dirty, etc)

And for outdoors, need to be easily move and resemble as well (like storm coming in FL)?

Thanks for any recommends, thanks