• Juneau, AK
Votes |
STR Boots on the Ground

Morgan G.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Juneau, AK
Posted Oct 12 2022, 09:32

We have a new STR going live in Fort Wayne in January 2023 and are looking for local boots on the ground. Specifically, we're looking for STR cleaners and on-call maintenance service. We've joined local Facebook groups, but are covering all bases looking for quality hires.

User Stats

Votes
Travis Timmons
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Houston, TX
Replied Oct 12 2022, 09:39

It can be a bit of a grind. Facebook groups and other hosts are what I have found to be the best resource. That and asking any competent professional that is good if they know anyone. We found one of our key vendors through someone I spoke with at the city zoning and planning office. Any interaction that you have with someone that is helpful and competent should end with, "Do you know any good ______?" 

User Stats

Votes
Lyndsay Zwirlein
  • Lender
Votes |
  • Lender
Replied Oct 12 2022, 10:35
Quote from @Morgan G.:

We have a new STR going live in Fort Wayne in January 2023 and are looking for local boots on the ground. Specifically, we're looking for STR cleaners and on-call maintenance service. We've joined local Facebook groups, but are covering all bases looking for quality hires.

I've found everyone through referrals or FB so far. But I just tried Turnoverbnb for the first time. You can bid your project out and cleaners have reviews which is nice. I haven't hired anyone yet because we're not live so can't tell you our experience, but might be worth looking into it! 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Napoleon DeCiutiis
  • Real Estate Agent
  • The Short Term Shop / Florida Emerald and Forgotten Coasts
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Oct 12 2022, 10:37

Morgan,  get on nextdoor.com - that neighborhood will know the best people in the area.  Your Realtor should also be a valuable source of local information!

User Stats

Votes
Morgan G.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Juneau, AK
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Juneau, AK
Replied Oct 12 2022, 10:42
Quote from @Napoleon DeCiutiis:

Morgan,  get on nextdoor.com - that neighborhood will know the best people in the area.  Your Realtor should also be a valuable source of local information!

Thank you!  We get Nextdoor.com alerts all the time for our own personal neighborhood - never even considered it for anything else!

User Stats

Votes
Morgan G.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Juneau, AK
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Juneau, AK
Replied Oct 12 2022, 10:43
Quote from @Lyndsay Zwirlein:
Quote from @Morgan G.:

I've found everyone through referrals or FB so far. But I just tried Turnoverbnb for the first time. You can bid your project out and cleaners have reviews which is nice. I haven't hired anyone yet because we're not live so can't tell you our experience, but might be worth looking into it! 

Thank you!  Turnoverbnb is new to me, so I'll def check it out.  

User Stats

Votes
Lauren Kormylo
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied Oct 12 2022, 12:00

Did you buy your place through a realtor?  They should have recommendations for all of those. 

User Stats

Votes
Morgan G.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Juneau, AK
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Juneau, AK
Replied Oct 12 2022, 12:44
Quote from @Lauren Kormylo:

Did you buy your place through a realtor?  They should have recommendations for all of those. 

We went through the seller's realtor this time, but great suggestion!  Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Napoleon DeCiutiis
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Oct 14 2022, 03:38
Quote from @Morgan G.:
Quote from @Napoleon DeCiutiis:

Thank you!  We get Nextdoor.com alerts all the time for our own personal neighborhood - never even considered it for anything else!

@Morgan G. - You are welcome! Let us all know how it works out!