• Investor
  • Salt Lake City
Votes |
Agent Recommendations for Short-Term Rentals in Salt Lake City

Matthew Erickson
  • Investor
  • Salt Lake City
Posted Nov 10 2022, 14:57

Hello!  Does anyone have a recommendation for a great real estate agent with expertise in cabin / mountain property short-term rental transactions?  I am most interested in the Wasatch-back area, but am also open to Bear Lake, Flaming Gorge, or National Parks in central and southern Utah.  Thanks in advance!

User Stats

Votes
Will Fraser
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Salt Lake City & Oklahoma City
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Nov 10 2022, 16:36

As it happens it would be my delight to consult with you and work with you in the process of buying a STR property in UT!

Depending on budget there might be some powerful niches to hit in Park City or any of the surrounding markets that make owning great homes in great locations lucrative.  Otherwise there are a few good options that would fit any budget.

User Stats

Votes
Logan McKay Zylstra
  • Realtor
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Replied Nov 10 2022, 18:30

Hey Matthew. I have a property that is set up as an STR on the market. Text/message me for details

FlipSystem logo
FlipSystem
|
Sponsored
Learn From Our Team. Earn 100% of the Profits. Join our community of 500+ investors! Avg profit per flip: $14k, Avg effort per week: 4hrs

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Jareckyj
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Replied Dec 7 2022, 18:18

Hey Matthew!

I would love to chat with you. My partner and I have successfully sold over 25 STRs in northern Utah over the last year. We run Airdream Vacation Rentals in addition to being investor friendly agents and have over 60 units in Northern Utah. When evaluating potential earnings, we can use our 60+ rental portfolio to get you very accurate earning data. 

I'm new to Bigger Pockets but have finally decided to hop in. Message me if you'd like to chat further! 

User Stats

Votes
Regan Sellers Coté
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Dec 7 2022, 19:40

Hey Matthew! 

Welcome to the Bigger Pockets Salt Lake City forum! Right now is a great time to buy, as the current market is giving buyers more time, more inventory, and more negotiation power in deals. I invest in real estate and am a licensed agent in the Salt Lake City area. I help identify homes with lower purchase prices that, with the a little TLC (tender love and care), can be turned into short term rentals and cash flow more than other properties.

If you are in the local area, I would love to talk further about your goals and plans for a short term rental in SLC over coffee or lunch. I also can schedule a Zoom call if you happen to be out of state. 

User Stats

Votes
Easton Hill
  • Phoenix Arizona
Votes |
  • Phoenix Arizona
Replied Dec 8 2022, 06:56

@Masyn Barney

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Erickson
  • Investor
  • Salt Lake City
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Salt Lake City
Replied Dec 10 2022, 18:41
Thank you all for the helpful recommendations!  I have been able to connect with some of you already, but for those with whom I have not yet connected, I look forward to connecting soon.

User Stats

Votes
Cole Schlack
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Hawaii, HI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Hawaii, HI
Replied Dec 10 2022, 20:36
Quote from @Matthew Erickson:

Hello!  Does anyone have a recommendation for a great real estate agent with expertise in cabin / mountain property short-term rental transactions?  I am most interested in the Wasatch-back area, but am also open to Bear Lake, Flaming Gorge, or National Parks in central and southern Utah.  Thanks in advance!

Happy to give you input, having owned a number of them over the years in Utah and Idaho.  The key is you need to make a great buy, paying inflated rates based on Covid rental numbers on the last 2 years is a big mistake. Im not an agent, my wife is in the Eden area(Powder Mtn, Snowbasin) 

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Moyer
  • Property Manager
  • Orlando Kissimmee, Davenport
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Orlando Kissimmee, Davenport
Replied Dec 10 2022, 20:55
Quote from @Cole Schlack:

Happy to give you input, having owned a number of them over the years in Utah and Idaho.  The key is you need to make a great buy, paying inflated rates based on Covid rental numbers on the last 2 years is a big mistake. Im not an agent, my wife is in the Eden area(Powder Mtn, Snowbasin) 

Is there such a thing as cash flowing properties in the Eden area at current rates?  I've got some great properties down in Southern Utah but I live in Ogden and would love something over on the Ogden Valley side, but seems like inflated prices and meh rental revenue there would make it pretty impossible to cash flow.

User Stats

Votes
Carl Davis
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Utah
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Utah
Replied Dec 11 2022, 04:58
Quote from @Ryan Moyer:

Is there such a thing as cash flowing properties in the Eden area at current rates?  I've got some great properties down in Southern Utah but I live in Ogden and would love something over on the Ogden Valley side, but seems like inflated prices and meh rental revenue there would make it pretty impossible to cash flow.

If you're talking about STR's it's tough. I live in Ogden currently as well and have 3 units in the area. Our only STR is in Tucson Arizona. We wanted to make one of ours a STR to your observation the numbers just didn't work looking at market rates. Seems to be the best option in the area for STR would be a house hack. I just default to LTR's in the area because of this.

• Real Estate Agent Utah (# 12669906-SA00)

User Stats

Votes
Cole Schlack
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Hawaii, HI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Hawaii, HI
Replied Dec 11 2022, 11:22
Quote from @Ryan Moyer:

Ryan

Not right now but I think we will see a few deals. Im working on a Tiny home campground in Eden you might want to check it out.

User Stats

Votes
Zachariah Torres
  • Lender
  • Saratoga Springs, UT
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Saratoga Springs, UT
Replied Dec 15 2022, 10:30

Hi @Matthew Erickson! I'm a Mortgage Broker and investor out here in Utah. If you are looking to set up financing on that next deal, I have a few private capital groups that can facilitate. We can use a rent analysis to get expected rents and then use that projected rent to get you qualified. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. I know a few good agents in Salt Lake and Utah County and one who specializes in condotels up in Park City! My phone number is in my profile.

User Stats

Votes
Will Fraser
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Jan 19 2023, 18:41
Quote from @Ryan Moyer:

Most people I know who own in Eden are terrified about violating the county's STR ordinance . . .yet the county seems very clear that they cannot effectively do anything about the unlicensed operators (last number I saw was that there were only 38 licensed STRs in the entire county, and at least 1,000 known STR units operating there).

If you do set out to STR in Eden, do it with the highest degree of excellence and help us set the best precedents possible so that we can demonstrate to the community that hospitality can lift all boats, not just sink them!

BiggerPockets logo
Meet Investor-Friendly Agents
|
BiggerPockets
Network with top investor-friendly agents who can help you find, analyze, and close your next deal.