• Investor
  • Brevard County, FL
Votes |
Vacant Lots in Ellijay, GA?

Mario Faris
  • Investor
  • Brevard County, FL
Posted Dec 1 2022, 08:03

Anyone have experience with buildable lots in Ellijay, GA? I have a client who wants to sell theirs, I've visited Ellijay before and curious to any investors' experiences in the area! It's located in Coosawattee River Resort. 

User Stats

Votes
Paul Sandhu#4 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • The worst town to live in, KS
Votes |
Paul Sandhu#4 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • The worst town to live in, KS
Replied Dec 1 2022, 08:12
Quote from @Mario Faris:

Coosawattee River Resort. 

Is that near Waxacoochie Valley?  I hear it's a real fun place.  You can even catch crabs there. 

User Stats

Votes
Bryan Weiss
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Huntsville AL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Huntsville AL
Replied Dec 1 2022, 09:44

I have bought and built on three vacant lots in the Gatlinburg market. What specific questions do you have? 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 1 2022, 09:57

We looked at cabin in that same resort.

we didn’t care for it very much. It lacked Mountain View’s and the resort is so large that one must drive windy roads for 20+ minutes to get from one side to the other. It was like a maze that never ended.

Also, it’s zoned sort of funny. There are $500k cabin, but also trailer parks, campsites, etc all in one.

To be fair the pools were nice, as was the river, and comparatively the dues were low. In our search, it stood out to me how many listings there were there. Not that it’s bad, moreso a function of the size of the resort, and with the price point I think it’s naturally a little more transient.

to me, the desirable parts of Ellijay are near downtown, or east of 575 where it’s mountainous and there are wineries. To each their own, but to me this resort felt much more blue collar and less mountain resort if that makes sense.

did you have specific questions I could try to answer? Happy to help