• San Antonio, TX
Votes |
STR Investor here in San Antonio, TX

Sherylyn Holden
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Posted Mar 20 2023, 10:59

Hello all!

I have been running STRs in San Antonio, TX since 2019 mostly in the NW side but have a couple of Airbnbs/VRBOs centrally and downtown.

I have done rental arbitrage, managed properties, and owned.

I would love to share my knowledge on the market and STRs in general if anyone needs! Feel free to connect (:

User Stats

Votes
Naz Hossain
  • Developer
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Developer
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Mar 20 2023, 13:37

Hi Sherylyn, are you still doing arbitrage in San Antonio? We have a few properties that we are looking to allow arbitrage

User Stats

Votes
Ji Hong
Votes |

Hi Sherylyn, Sent you a DM. would love to connect with you as I am looking into starting arbitrage right now!! would love to get your take! 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Ji Hong
Votes |
Quote from @Naz Hossain:

Hi Sherylyn, are you still doing arbitrage in San Antonio? We have a few properties that we are looking to allow arbitrage

@Naz Hossain

I am currently looking into doing Arbitrage if you are looking for someone to take your property! DM me! :D 

User Stats

Votes
Hamp Lee III
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Mar 20 2023, 15:38
Quote from @Naz Hossain:

I’m in San Antonio! Can you please send me a list!
Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Steven Pan
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Mar 20 2023, 16:22

Hi Sherylyn,

I'm in Dallas and looking to arbitrage in other major cities in Texas. 

Would love to connect and learn more about the STR market in San Antonio!

User Stats

Votes
Sherylyn Holden
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Mar 20 2023, 20:05
Quote from @Naz Hossain:

I had a great experience with arbitrage. I was able to gain great cash flow without having to put in x amount of money down or worry too much about large maintenance issues. However, I realized I preferred my business model to be geared towards fully owning my rentals simply due to not having to work through a homeowner to resolve major issues like HVAC, plumbing, etc. I found that the homeowners were not willing to work around my STR guest occupancies and schedules at times ): It all depends on how you structure your lease agreement, but there does require a level of cooperation when issues arise. I hope this helps!

User Stats

Votes
Sherylyn Holden
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Mar 20 2023, 20:06
Quote from @Steven Pan:

Hi Sherylyn,

I'm in Dallas and looking to arbitrage in other major cities in Texas. 

Would love to connect and learn more about the STR market in San Antonio!

Happy to connect!

User Stats

Votes
Sherylyn Holden
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Mar 20 2023, 20:07
Quote from @Ji Hong:

Hi Sherylyn, Sent you a DM. would love to connect with you as I am looking into starting arbitrage right now!! would love to get your take! 

Happy to connect!! I’ll share all my experiences!

User Stats

Votes
Brooklyn McCarty
Pro Member
  • Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
Replied Mar 21 2023, 04:58

Been to San Antonio once for a work trip and loved it there!  

User Stats

Votes
Naz Hossain
  • Developer
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Developer
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Mar 21 2023, 11:04
Quote from @Sherylyn Holden:
Quote from @Naz Hossain:

I had a great experience with arbitrage. I was able to gain great cash flow without having to put in x amount of money down or worry too much about large maintenance issues. However, I realized I preferred my business model to be geared towards fully owning my rentals simply due to not having to work through a homeowner to resolve major issues like HVAC, plumbing, etc. I found that the homeowners were not willing to work around my STR guest occupancies and schedules at times ): It all depends on how you structure your lease agreement, but there does require a level of cooperation when issues arise. I hope this helps!

Yeah definitely, I would be weary of how the property is looked after with an arbitrage as well. But if you have a great homeowner (myself 😅), I do build to rents, so only new construction homes, I'd think arbitrage becomes a lot easier. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 22 2023, 12:26

Hi, I have been doing a combination of short, medium, and long term rents on a few nice furnished homes that I own for the last 10 years.  Would like to connect so we can share knowledge and see how we can help each other.

User Stats

Votes
Sherylyn Holden
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Mar 22 2023, 17:07
Quote from @Antonio Velazquez:

Hi, I have been doing a combination of short, medium, and long term rents on a few nice furnished homes that I own for the last 10 years.  Would like to connect so we can share knowledge and see how we can help each other.

Hi Antonio! Happy to connect (: 

User Stats

Votes
Zach Edelman
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Replied Mar 26 2023, 19:25

Hi Sherylyn, are you strictly doing arbitrage, or looking into ownership as well?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 18 2023, 15:33
Quote from @Sherylyn Holden:

Hello all!

I have been running STRs in San Antonio, TX since 2019 mostly in the NW side but have a couple of Airbnbs/VRBOs centrally and downtown.

I have done rental arbitrage, managed properties, and owned.

I would love to share my knowledge on the market and STRs in general if anyone needs! Feel free to connect (:

Hi Sherylyn! I'd love to connect about STR's in the San Antonio area. Please PM me!

User Stats

Votes
Zach Edelman
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Replied Apr 19 2023, 05:47
Quote from @Zach Edelman:

Hi Sherylyn, are you strictly doing arbitrage, or looking into ownership as well?

Also, @Sherylyn Holden I am an Austin based investor/lender and I would love to connect!

User Stats

Votes
Ted Sandoz
  • Investor
  • Lafayette, La
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Lafayette, La
Replied Apr 19 2023, 09:21

would love to connect ! 

User Stats

Votes
Sherylyn Holden
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Apr 19 2023, 10:11
Quote from @Zach Edelman:

Hi Zach! I recently have steered away from the arbitrage model and am looking towards the full ownership business model.