#4 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
#4 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied May 16 2023, 11:24

Hi Heidi!

Any reason you are specifically targeting Broward County?

User Stats

Votes
Heidi Cousineau
Votes |
Replied May 16 2023, 11:28

My business partner lives there and I see a lot of long term wealth building potential in holding real estate there. Open to all Florida though. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Vasquez
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tampa, FL
Replied May 16 2023, 12:18

Hello @Heidi Cousineau

Jonathan here with Outfast, Have you ever looked into the Tampa Bay market? I have a short term rental her that has been booked since I started a year ago. We have the gulf cost and its beautiful beaches (Madeira Beach, Clearwater, St Pete Beach. First and foremost what you want to find out is your budget and the type of ROI you are looking for. Sent you a PM to discuss further

User Stats

Votes
Mario I Fernandez
Pro Member
  • Miami Beach, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Miami Beach, FL
Replied May 16 2023, 15:25

Hey Heidi,

There are some areas like Hollywood, Hallandale, Dania Beach, and Ft. Lauderdale that are very good and very friendly for STRs. 

We have an influx of tourists and locals all year long making it a very profitable market for STRs.

User Stats

Votes
Ray Hage#1 Guru, Book, & Course Reviews Contributor
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
Ray Hage#1 Guru, Book, & Course Reviews Contributor
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Replied May 17 2023, 03:41

@Heidi Cousineau it is a great market here for STRs. The city of Fort Lauderdale is generally quite friendly to it. I partially manage a STR and am investor myself. I could give you some pointers. Since your partner is down here, I can show him some areas and the particular one I manage to give you some good ideas for decor, etc.

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 18 2023, 16:41

Hello Heidi, Broward County's favorable regulatory environment for short-term rentals makes it an investor-friendly destination, providing ease of operations and a streamlined rental process. Let me know if you'd to chat more about DM me. All the best!

User Stats

Votes
Yael Lederman
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
  • Miami, FL
Replied May 19 2023, 12:57

Because Broward is really STR-friendly there's a ton of supply, especially since the 2021 boom. I would focus on finding property that can stand out / is differentiated from others in the area, perhaps larger single family.