• Investor
  • Whitttier, CA
Votes |
Lets talk about Southern Utah (Washington County) Zion park

Davon Lowery
  • Investor
  • Whitttier, CA
Posted Aug 22 2016, 10:37

After speaking with a broker in Virgin, UT, I learned that capitalizing on that  Zion national park tourist vacation rental market can be (relatively) pricey and challenging.

My investor and I are looking for something close to nature or smack-dab in nature; but, still close enough to modern amenities to resolve any issues should they arise (emergencies/food etc).

I learned that if you are in the mountains, you will more than likely not have year round access, no water/rights, 2 hours away from amenities and no management willing to make the drive to check on 1 cabin, needless to say it was a little discouraging to hear. 

However, this explains the lower prices for the intimate cabin setting that we are looking for.

My investor wants something close to an services and attractions, hence opportunity for vacation rentals, when not used by the primary owner; but, still have the ability to provide a private intimate/eco-friendly setting for those wanting to get a way from it all. I learned acquiring both, under $200K+ in Washington County might not be possible.

The broker also recommended Springdale, Rockdale, Zion, Virgin, Hurricane and ST George. I'm interested to hear your experiences.

Thanks.

Loading replies...