• Portland, OR
Votes |
STR / airbnb property spreadsheet

Christopher Benjamin
  • Investor
  • Portland, OR
Posted Jul 6 2017, 06:47

Hello-

Does anyone have a deal analysis spreadsheet for potential STR/vacation rentals that they would be willing to share? I began to create one but figured I need not recreate the wheel if someone else has already done it better!

Many thanks!

Chris

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 8 2021, 14:03

@Melissa Nash I know this is an older thread, but I’m just getting started and would be interested in the form you are using to analyze. Thanks,  Mike

User Stats

Votes
Charles Schram
Pro Member
  • Architect
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Architect
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Sep 16 2021, 00:42

@Melissa Nash @Michael Paolozzi same here. can you please share this with a link?

Michael, sounds like we’re at the same benchmark / would be great to chat and share resources. Looking to develop in SoCal. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Zach Lemaster#3 Ask About A Real Estate Company Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Zach Lemaster#3 Ask About A Real Estate Company Contributor
  • Denver, CO
Replied Oct 14 2021, 17:53

@Christopher Benjamin

We added one to the BP files a while ago you should be able to find and also have a good analysis tool on our page.

User Stats

Votes
Nikki Senopoulos
  • Neptune City, NJ
Votes |
  • Neptune City, NJ
Replied Jan 10 2022, 15:45

https://docs.google.com/spread...

Hi - I know this is an old thread, but I'm happy to share the ss I created specifically tailored towards Airbnb's and monthly rentals. Allows you to tinker with occupancy, daily rates, various expenses, and loan assumptions. Since many STR's are seasonal, this is a monthly annual pro forma to analyze yearly NI. Everything you can change is in blue for ease. Anyone can feel free to reach out with any questions! Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 11 2022, 05:17
Originally posted by @Nikki Senopoulos:

Hi - I know this is an old thread, but I'm happy to share the ss I created specifically tailored towards Airbnb's and monthly rentals. Allows you to tinker with occupancy, daily rates, various expenses, and loan assumptions. Since many STR's are seasonal, this is a monthly annual pro forma to analyze yearly NI. Everything you can change is in blue for ease. Anyone can feel free to reach out with any questions! Good luck!

Thank you Nikki. I've started building a spreadsheet for myself and wanted a few examples for Ideas. This will help a lot and it is well done.  

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 24 2022, 07:43
Quote from @Nikki Senopoulos:

Nikki I'm new to STR investing but not to spreadsheets and I must say yours is VERY well done and far above the others I've collected in the last few weeks. Thank you very much!

User Stats

Votes
Rajan Udeshi
  • Orange, CA
Votes |
  • Orange, CA
Replied Mar 1 2022, 11:41

This is awesome thanks @Jon Crosby

User Stats

Votes
Jon Crosby
  • Investor
  • Rocklin, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Rocklin, CA
Replied Mar 1 2022, 12:36

Thanks @Rajan Udeshi, I hope it helps you out! 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 11 2022, 09:51

@Melissa Nash Is this something you'd still be willing to share?  I am slowly looking to get into this. Thanks in advance.

User Stats

Votes
Nathaniel Crawford
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pompano Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pompano Beach, FL
Replied May 6 2022, 15:05

This is MAGNIFICENT! How would I modify it for a 15 unit property?

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 12 2022, 13:40

Nikki, hi. Would you mind sending me a copy of your calculator? I really like it. Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Melissa Nash
  • Orange County, CA
Votes |
  • Orange County, CA
Replied May 18 2022, 14:13
Quote from @Michael Paolozzi:

@Melissa Nash Is this something you'd still be willing to share?  I am slowly looking to get into this. Thanks in advance.

yes,  please message me :)

User Stats

Votes
Nikki Senopoulos
  • Neptune City, NJ
Votes |
  • Neptune City, NJ
Replied Jun 28 2022, 12:20
Quote from @Nathaniel Crawford:

This is MAGNIFICENT! How would I modify it for a 15 unit property?

The easiest way would be to plug in the total estimated revenue and expenses for all 15 properties. You could also create an individual spreadsheet for all 15 properties and have them all flow into a combined master sheet. I attached an example of the latter using 2 properties that flow into a combined pro forma.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 13 2022, 12:44
Quote from @Michael Greenberg:

@Christopher Benjamin I have a cash-on-cash calculator for VR's created by a good friend of mine I can send to you via PM if you want to send me a message.  I also have a tracking sheet for my VR's I can send you as well if you're interested.

@Jon Crosby this is a great, simple tool.

Mike

@Michael Greenberg I'm new to this forum. Would love any tools you have like the cash-on-cash calculator and tracking sheet you mentioned. Thank you so much!  Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Katie Miller
Pro Member
  • General Manager, Publishing at BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • General Manager, Publishing at BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
ModeratorReplied Jul 13 2022, 12:52

@Jon Crosby This is really great! I'm glad you made this available to our users. Did you upload to the fireplace? You can get a lot of eyeballs on it there.

Jon, have you seen Avery Carl's calculator? Check it out here—https://theshorttermshop.com/c...

User Stats

Votes
Tola Kehinde
  • Vaughan, ON
Votes |
  • Vaughan, ON
Replied Jul 13 2022, 21:28

@Michael Greenberg I will appreciate if you can send this to me as well.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 12 2022, 18:31

@Nikki Senopoulos, Is it possible to get a copy of your spreadsheet? When I download it from your link above, it times out when I edit it. Assuming you need to grant me permissions

User Stats

Votes
Tony Green
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Winston Salem, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Winston Salem, NC
Replied Jan 30 2023, 05:03
Quote from @Jon Crosby:

@Christopher Benjamin  Here is a simplified version of my more elaborate yearly cash flow model you can start with. Haven't ever shared it publicly but hey, why not, maybe you or the community will find a way to improve upon it or provide some feedback.  Tax rates are very high level, so you will want to adjust that as you pick a more specific location to model out.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xwnw30cmjx32is1/Vacation...

Cheers!

~Jon

Thanks @Jon Crosby!  Great spreadsheet.

Green Haven Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
Christopher Biediger
Pro Member
  • Sneads Ferry, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Sneads Ferry, NC
Replied Mar 3 2023, 05:30

@Jon Crosby Thanks for sharing your STR calculator! I did notice though, there is nowhere to account for furnishing the property. How do you account for that in you calculator?

User Stats

Votes
Jon Crosby
  • Investor
  • Rocklin, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Rocklin, CA
Replied Mar 3 2023, 06:27
Quote from @Christopher Biediger:

@Jon Crosby Thanks for sharing your STR calculator! I did notice though, there is nowhere to account for furnishing the property. How do you account for that in you calculator?

I usually just put it into the 'construction/reserve costs' field.  Because it's a 'cash-flow' calculator it mostly focuses on Op Ex versus Cap Ex however.  

User Stats

Votes
Christopher Biediger
Pro Member
  • Sneads Ferry, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Sneads Ferry, NC
Replied Mar 3 2023, 06:38
Quote from @Jon Crosby:
Quote from @Christopher Biediger:

I usually just put it into the 'construction/reserve costs' field.  Because it's a 'cash-flow' calculator it mostly focuses on Op Ex versus Cap Ex however.  

Got it, thanks so much!

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 1 2023, 11:21
Quote from @Michael Greenberg:

@Christopher Benjamin I have a cash-on-cash calculator for VR's created by a good friend of mine I can send to you via PM if you want to send me a message.  I also have a tracking sheet for my VR's I can send you as well if you're interested.

@Jon Crosby this is a great, simple tool.

Mike

@Michael Greenberg could i get both of these please? i know this is very old forum, but just came across it now.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 13 2024, 20:04
Quote from @Alice K.:

@Jon Crosby - Thank you for this! Love how this spreadsheet includes snow removal. In 2016 I was pretty much negative cash flow due to snow removal on the roof and water for the lawn. 

@Leigh Ann Smith - It's great your husband can do it. I was thinking of hitting up the kids in  the cul-de-sac for a hand with things as I have no concept with lawn care. 

May I have the VR calculator and spreadsheet framework please. 

[email protected] 

thank you

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Jareckyj
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Replied Mar 14 2024, 05:01

I have an excel sheet I have used for years to analyze VR. happy to share as well.Shoot me a PM