• Miami, FL
Votes |
Short Term Rental questions

Maxwell Lee
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Miami, FL
Posted Nov 27 2017, 12:51

Hi all, 

I have a handful of STR-specific questions I was hoping I could get some focused replies for. I've read/skimmed through dozens of airbnb threads but there are just SOOO many on this site covering a wealth of topics it's hard to find all the advice I am seeking.

1) For those of you living in a property that you also rent out (either renting out extra rooms or renting out while you are temporarily away) do you attempt to deduct your utilities? How would you do this...just estimate a percentage?

2) Those of you who hire it out, what is your average cleaning cost for turnover? How did you go about finding the best cleaner/service since it isnt a standard clean?

3) If you have experience running an "entire property" rental vs renting out individual rooms, do you have any thoughts or advice to share? So far my 2-bedroom listings have generated a ton of bookings but I'm starting to consider STR for my larger properties and I dont think I'll have the same demand on 3 bedroom or larger properties so it would seem to be far more effective to rent out by the room. But that certainly brings on much more to consider.

4) Insurance. What do you do? lol i know this has been discussed often but always open to more thoughts. 

Thanks in advance!!

Loading replies...