Skip to content
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
Ellie Narie
  • Investor
  • Ashland, OR
Votes |
How much do you pay for cleaning service for your airbnb rental?

Ellie Narie
  • Investor
  • Ashland, OR
Posted Apr 6 2018, 19:01

I'm thinking of building a duplex, living in one unit, and having the other unit be an airbnb rental. I live in a small town that is close to outdoor activities, so it could be a good idea to do airbnb. I'm thinking of having the other half of the duplex have 5 bedrooms. 

However, I don't want to be "involved" every single day. I'm okay with checking in every once in a while to see if the unit is upkept, but certainly not every day. Maybe a few times a month? In terms of checking guests in and out, I'm sure I could set up some kind of automated keyless entry system. 

How do I outsource cleaning, and how much should I be paying for it? Laundry takes about an hour to wash and possibly an hour and a half to dry! That's 2.5 hours total. Plus half an hour to put on all the sheets and half an hour to take them off each day. That's about 3.5 hours from start to finish. However, during the laundry phase, there won't really be much to do. Do I still have to pay someone for the whole 3.5 hours, even if they're just going to sit around for 2.5 of those hours? How do you do it? 

User Stats

Votes
Summer McDade
  • Property Manager
  • Eclectic, AL
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Eclectic, AL
Replied Feb 16 2019, 22:15

@Sid Payne

To add to that we use our own cleaning supplies and restock the toiletries as needed and invoice for the reimbursement of those items.

User Stats

Votes
Summer McDade
  • Property Manager
  • Eclectic, AL
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Eclectic, AL
Replied Feb 16 2019, 22:25

@Julian Diaz

I agree about the cleaning fee. And i see the Enterprise, AL. tag. Hey there from Bama!

Cleaning fees need to be comparable for the market and the home. You truly get what you pay for here.

As you know, Alabama lakes are super rural. So those things need to be taken into consideration for laundry service, and travel time to and from the home.

You are getting a fair deal on your cleanings it seems.

What lake are you on?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Sid Payne
  • Longmont, CO
Votes |
  • Longmont, CO
Replied Feb 17 2019, 13:08
Originally posted by @Summer McDade:

@Sid Payne

To add to that we use our own cleaning supplies and restock the toiletries as needed and invoice for the reimbursement of those items.

I actually just changed management companies and it is now even lower and I believe I am getting better service. And yes, I believe they are doing the laundry onsite. I do ask guests to strip the beds and get it started if they can. We are in a very competitive market, near Disney World, so the labor (an yes, I believe it is extremely hard labor) seems to be competitively priced, as are the nightly rents.
I don't have them pay for the toiletries, I supply those because I want them to use a little higher quality but they do supply their own cleaning supplies.
I am, overall, extremely happy with our costs in this area.

Thanks,
Sid

User Stats

Votes
Summer McDade
  • Property Manager
  • Eclectic, AL
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Eclectic, AL
Replied Feb 17 2019, 14:43

That’s fantastic! It is SO HARD to find good cleaners. I am able to stand out here because I actually work and I schedule around making the owners the most money. Like, I was super surprised when I kept getting calls from owners asking if i was okay with a same day turn around.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 23 2019, 22:28

@Sid Payne hi Sid, can you advice what cleaners you use. I have an air bnb 15 minutes from disney with 4 bed / 3 bathrooms  

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 16 2019, 04:30

Hi All.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for cleanning services in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area? Would greatly appreciate any help or advice.

User Stats

Votes
Paul Sandhu#4 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • The worst town to live in, KS
Votes |
Paul Sandhu#4 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • The worst town to live in, KS
Replied Nov 16 2019, 07:19

@Ivan Solovyev  @Luke Carl will chime in shortly.  But I think he's on a tour bus and down with the St. Vitus Dance.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 16 2019, 11:44

@Paul Sandhu Thanks Paul!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 15 2020, 06:07

Try https://doneamazing.com. They offer automatic integration with Airbnb for cleanings. Prices are various and depend on your property, but for me it was $70 for 1 bedroom apartment cleaning.