• Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer
  • Redding, CA & Bend OR
Votes |
Sunriver, OR Just completed remodel.

Karen Margrave
  • Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer
  • Redding, CA & Bend OR
ModeratorPosted Nov 26 2018, 16:40

We just completed the remodel on a house in Sunriver, OR. The majority of the houses there are used as Short Term Rentals, though there are some full timers that live there. 

My son and I did this remodel. He's a licensed general contractor in Oregon. He did much of the framing for walls, and finish details such as the reclaimed barn wood. We used subs on much of it. The question I have for all of you STR, VR, Vacation Rental investors, would it be better for us to furnish the house or let someone buy it at a lower price, and them buy their own furnishings?

There's not any other homes that have been updated, and most of them have the 70's look, with older furnishings, etc.  In considering buying furnishings, our dilemma was what if a person wanting it as a 2nd home or full time residence buys it, then the same furniture wouldn't work, as VR is about maximizing bed space correct? 

Give me your thoughts! It's listed for 568,000 without furnishings, which is a great price, but it's slow time of year. Here's a link that tells all that's been done. Please post your thoughts on how you think this space will work for a VR. Should we have furnished or not?  

57547 Hoodoo Lane, Sunriver, OR 97707

Loading replies...