• Rental Property Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
Poconos (Shawnee Mountain) airbnb

Kevin Mathisen
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted Dec 28 2018, 07:52

Hello BP community- I just took a trip to Shawnee mountain with my family and we stayed in a 2/3 condo across from the slopes.  Paid $425 for 2 nights through airbnb.  The place was clean and had great reviews so no complaints.  Just it was really outdated and poorly furnished so the investor in me realized possible opportunity as I know my wife and I could provide a better product.  Looked up values in the area and saw the exact unit we are in is selling for <100k.  Spoke to the owner and he is selling his 4 short term pocono rentals because he is moving out west.  We are interested in buying this place to utilize several times a year and rent out through airbnb or vrbo when we are not there.  After some brief research I have found out there are issues with some municipalities restricting short term rentals.  Besides the $500 license fee anyone know of any other possible issues?  Any advice for maximizing cash flow on short term rentals?  We would be interested in either simply holding 1 unit or quickly scaling to 5-10 units if it makes sense to economize by scaling.  Have also visited Lake Harmony and love it there- plus it is closer to Philly.  Would love some feedback and to connect with others.  Thanks for any and all feedback!

Loading replies...