• Investor
  • The worst town to live in, KS
Votes |
Breakdown of leadership of tenants in a STR

Paul Sandhu#4 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • The worst town to live in, KS
Posted Mar 6 2019, 20:32

Back in January I had 5 guys move in to a STR. They are refinery contractors whose primary language is Spanish. 1 guy was the superintendent. He estimates jobs for the refinery and makes bids on them for the rest of the crew to do the work. There was enough work to last a year. He was the leader. I invited him to my house to shoot guns and drink beer. I made him happy.

I need to keep the leader happy, because the rest of the people in the crew will do what the leader wants.  It was all good until he was transferred to another refinery.

Guy #2 is my next emergent leader.  He's a short tempered butt.  But I keep him happy.  He keeps the other guys in line and collects all the rent for me from the other guys.  

He found a short term senorita girlfriend to stay with and moved out of the house.  Now I'm left with 3 guys that are not leader types and I have trouble communicating with them.  They are grumbling about the rent, even though I'm giving them a discount.  There is a mobile home park .5 mile away where they could stay for about half the money, but no washer/dryer, no full kitchen, no wifi, no smart tv, or individual rooms.

What would you suggest I do to keep these guys in my STR and keep them happy?

Loading replies...