• Wantagh, NY
Votes |
Fort Lauderdale Vacation/ STR

Matthew Malley
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Wantagh, NY
Posted Mar 18 2019, 15:34

Hi everyone, 

I’ve been looking to get into vacation rentals and would like to hear from some people that might have had similar experiences. I’m from NYC so I was looking to go to Florida where the market is a bit more accommodating! I have a little bit of money saved up and after doing reasearch on various areas in the state, I’ve narrowed it down to Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood/West Palm Beach - in that order.                           In terms of my location in the NE, the SE area of Florida makes the most sense - although the emerald coast was extremely tempting. Looking for anyone that has experience in those areas especially from a legality standpoint. It seems as if Fort Laud might be the most accomadating legally and since the demand looks better for smaller places. I’d be looking at 1 BR with some sort of water view unless someone has positive experiences without a water view. Are there any areas that I should stay away from? Really trying to narrow down the areas and see what work numbers work best. I’d be mainly using it as a VR but also will like to use it for myself on occasion. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks,

Matt

Loading replies...