• Rental Property Investor
  • Nashua, NH
Votes |
New Hampshire Short Term Rentals: Town Regulations

Cliff H.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Nashua, NH
Posted Jan 28 2020, 10:15

There's been a bunch of threads around the current state of short terms rentals in the state of New Hampshire. Let's break out what we know about regulations and ordinances around short term rentals across the state. I'll kick this off with a few towns I know of that have/are wrestling with the issue, with a specific focus on city source material versus opinion pieces where possible. Please comment below with additional links, towns, and info you have. 

New Hampshire Municipal Association 2019 STR Presentation

References Portsmouth case blocking use of residential-zoned areas of city for STR use, grandfathering of existing STRs, and considerations on transferring of permitted use across owners and time. Mostly advocates for defined regulation of STRs across all NH towns.

Portsmouth

2019: senate bill on licensing/regulation of STRs

2/11/19: city council minutes of joint working session on STRs

10/17/19: video of Portsmouth Planning Board STR session

10/17/19: proposed amendments to town ordinances on STRs

Laconia

search for all city minutes referencing "short term rentals" 

3/18/19: city zoning board discussion of special exception for STR by resident

9/23/19: city council meeting presenting draft STR regulation, resident commentary

10/24/19: NHBR: Like other communities, Laconia takes on Airbnb

Campton

list of public notices

town zoning areas

Thornton

2020 Proposed Zoning Amendments

1/16/20: public meeting on short term rentals (added reference to STRs for possible future regulation)

Work in progress. I'll add to the post above as additional info comes in by commentary below. 

Loading replies...