• Daytona Beach, FL
Votes |
Possible Expansion of Vacation Rental Market in Daytona Area

Krista Goodrich
  • Property Manager
  • Daytona Beach, FL
Posted Feb 24 2021, 04:56

Good morning BP fam!

We have some exciting things happening in Volusia County, Florida that may be actionable in the very near future.  Our new County Commissioner Chairman (and my friend), Jeff Brower, is making a point to open up unincorporated Volusia County (parts of Daytona Beach and surrounding areas) for short-term and vacation rental.  If this goes through, and I will know more after the meeting on March 2nd (as there seven Commissioners, so we need at least 3 more in support) there will be some great opportunities to snatch up properties here, however, I think things will go super fast as our inventory is already extremely low and once this happens, smart investors will go for what they can!   We expect a huge turnout at the meeting from investors and supporters as well as non-supporters so should be interesting. 

I will be speaking at the meeting to share my story of how I grew from one vacation rental in Daytona to now owning 17 properties and multiple local businesses and how all of my growth and reinvestment into the community stemmed from the incredible returns I make on my Vacation Rental investments.  I believe you can tune in live to watch the meeting.  If you want to hear more about my personal story and why I have become a vacation rental and long-term rental psycho and how my portfolio grew from ten thousand to millions using this strategy, just reach out to me. 

If you are looking to invest in short-term/vacation rentals in an affordable market that has had incredible returns for me, let me know and I can help you find a property here in Florida to add to your portfolio (I'm a licensed Realtor as well as investor).  

There are opportunities here for condotels, true condominiums, single family homes, gorgeous beachfront property and multi-family. 

Examples of returns we are getting:

2 bedroom condo purchased for $270k grossing $4-6k a month (depending on season and our major events). 

5 bedroom non-beachfront home purchased for $200k (would be $350k in today's market) grossing $6-$10k a month. 

5 bedroom beachfront home purchased for $1.25m grossing $10k-$20k a month (giant range based on events and current owners use the property for themselves about 40% of the time). 

There are homes available here that you can walk to the beach in less than 8 minutes for under $500k, some even closer to the beach!

If this motion passes and you are interested, you need to be positioned to move quickly as there are a lot of investor eyes on our area right now...for good reason!  If you are coming to the area, let's meet up and talk shop or look at properties.  If you can't get here, my partner and I can virtual tour properties for you and make sure you are in a property zoned area, and can help you navigate pricing, etc.  Bike Week (a huge grossing week here) is right around the corner, stop in my bar and see me and I can give you the low-down on Volusia (and as Daytona's only beachside brewery you can try our yummy beer...paid for by my vacation rentals lol).  

Exciting times, happy investing!

Krista

Loading replies...