Burnt pans and pots at Airbnb

8 Replies

Hi, STR investors

The pots and pans at my Airbnbs have bad burnts pretty frequently. It could be that my stoves are electric. They are hard to remove within a couple of hours by my cleaners and may leave bad impressions to new guests who may use them. How would you deal with such issues? Non-sticky pans? better quality pots/pans? 

All suggestions are welcome!

Lee

I get the $300 titanium set from Amazon with a billion reviews. Replace about once per year. 

Just get new pans.  Use the old ones as targets for a small rifle or airgun shooting range in the back yard.  I use metal discs from farming equipment for my targets out to 200 yards. Center fire rounds go through it.

We use the Tri Clad stainless steel from Costco along with the Henckels Granitum sautee pans.

They cost a bit more but are tough. They stand up to abuse and so far have lasted 4 years and 2 years respectively.

Originally posted by @Michael Baum :

We use the Tri Clad stainless steel from Costco along with the Henckels Granitum sautee pans.

They cost a bit more but are tough. They stand up to abuse and so far have lasted 4 years and 2 years respectively.

How well does it stand up to 5.56 and 7.62 LAP (Light Armor Piercing) rounds?

restaurant supply stores, my friend...about 10 times cheaper than home cook stuff and can take anything people dish out. If you don't like the look--they aren't that pretty for folks raised on williams sonoma--put some nifty colored handles on them. They actually look better as they age...check out a restaurant open kitchen. 

I just spent about 100 on 2 big sautee pans with lids, big sauce pan, small stockpot and omelette pan. 

Serious cooks will love you.

Hehe! What @Jonathan R McLaughlin is quite true as well. The biggest issue is that a lot of the stuff is quite large and usually too large for use in a personal home IMHO.

I hit up a Costco Business. They have great deals on larger commercial plastic bowls, spatulas etc. It is amazing what you can get there for cheap. And like Johnathan said, they last forever.

Ok @Paul Sandhu , the Kirkland brand Tri Clad cookware has a sidewall thickness that is nominal 3mm. The aluminum disc embedded in the bottom is 5mm. So, a shot to the side from a 5.56 (depending on the round, jacket etc) will penetrate the side. That is assuming that you hit it straight on. Due to the rounded side, you could get some deflection along that trajectory but I am guessing it will still penetrate.

Now the bottom with it's 3/7/3mm (13mm total) thickness makes it just a hair over 1/2 an inch. That would take some doing with a 5.56. The stainless is not super quality, but it is better than a lot of garbage out there. The aluminum I have no idea but it is probably 3000 series of some kind. That is the most common in cookware.

All of this depends on the load, the rifle using it, the distance...

I guess the answer is...maybe...

Originally posted by @Michael Baum :

Ok @Paul Sandhu, the Kirkland brand Tri Clad cookware has a sidewall thickness that is nominal 3mm. The aluminum disc embedded in the bottom is 5mm. So, a shot to the side from a 5.56 (depending on the round, jacket etc) will penetrate the side. That is assuming that you hit it straight on. Due to the rounded side, you could get some deflection along that trajectory but I am guessing it will still penetrate.

Now the bottom with it's 3/7/3mm (13mm total) thickness makes it just a hair over 1/2 an inch. That would take some doing with a 5.56. The stainless is not super quality, but it is better than a lot of garbage out there. The aluminum I have no idea but it is probably 3000 series of some kind. That is the most common in cookware.

All of this depends on the load, the rifle using it, the distance...

I guess the answer is...maybe...

Very good answer.  You have thought out all the variables.