AL State Income taxes for Non-Residents

3 Replies

Just wondering what other non-residents do for AL State income taxes.  We are getting tired of paying $40 for Turbotax to buy a state where we owe $7 in taxes to AL as a non-resident for our Gardendale property.  

Originally posted by @Michael Zagorsky :

Just wondering what other non-residents do for AL State income taxes.  We are getting tired of paying $40 for Turbotax to buy a state where we owe $7 in taxes to AL as a non-resident for our Gardendale property.  

I used OLT.com. IIRC the webpage prepared Alabama tax for free and I paper filed by snail mail for free. If you file online then you get charged.  

I know it is to late but remember it for next year.

Originally posted by @Michael Zagorsky :

Do I understand correctly, Your Gardendale property costs you $7 as a non-resident, and Turotax adds $40 bucks to include that in your filing?

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here