Homeowners Insurance/Insurance on Tax Properties

1 Reply

Hey guys,

How are you guys insuring your investments? Is it possible to obtain insurance on properties acquired via tax certificates and deeds? Let's say you're renting out one of the homes and it burns down or the tenant causes significant damages...do you have insurance that covers this or are you SOL?

Jack Eyer with Eyer Insurance Agency in Birmingham has some investors that right insurance on tax certificates.  Other than that, there's a strategy that's a bit complicated to explain on a forum, but there's nothing underhanded about it, and it works.