CPAs who own Real Estate in Anchorage, AK

9 Replies

I'm looking for a local CPA that has Real Estate investments in the Anchorage, AK area. If anyone has suggestions on who I should reach out to, that would be awesome! Who do you use? Do you do your own? I'm at the point now, where I feel I've learned all I can without going back to school to do it myself as a CPA. I am wanting to line out a process with a CPA to expand future strategies and know what is 5-10 years out. Thank you for your suggestions in advance!

@Erich Reed

Are you comfortable working with your CPA remotely? If so,  you open yourself up to a larger pool of candidates. There are 20+ CPAs and accountants on this site that specialize in real estate taxation. Reach out to a few and see who you like. 

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions. 

I currently use Cathleen Hahn. I know she owns at least a 12plex, and is very familiar with real estate law. However, her minions are a little slow to respond to any tax questions unless you can get them on the phone. Still reccomend though, they know their stuff.

My wife and I use Mark Megler at Kumari and associates, 279-5207. I actually don’t know if he has any real estate investments but he came recommended from a financial advisor I know and Mark has done us extremely well the past two years. 

@Erich Reed

Are you open to working with an accountant remotely?

I would prioritize finding an accountant who specializes in real estate taxation over one that is local.
There are 20+ accountants on this message board who specialize in real estate taxation. Feel free to reach out to a couple and use the one you connect with the most.

Originally posted by @Erich Reed :

@Ronald Laurion

Thanks for the recommendation! It’s refreshing to get local recommendations on a local forum... lol

Hey Erich any luck with finding a local CPA that reached your needs? Im currently looking for one as well so any tips would be appreciated.