Analyzing Deals for knowledge gaining

8 Replies

Hello,

I would like to connect with someone, that I can meet with face to face from time to time to help me get my feet wet and analyze deals so I can become an expert at it. I am ready to start pulling the trigger and acquiring my buy&hold R.E. Would be honored if someone would like too connect over coffee or lunch (my treat) to discuss. 

Thanks,

Updated over 1 year ago

Here are some details I was able to acquire:I am looking at a buy&hold deal with having a PM manage this property after everything is said and done. I would need to use leverage to acquire this deal, but not sure how to fa Price, including closing costs: $160K (does not include lender's fee's) Based on BPO: $4K 2017 Taxes paid: $790 Average Price Opinion between Trulia, Zillow, etc: roughly $155-160K BPO for what it could sell for is: $190K Average Rent Rates (based on rentometer): $1295 - would not be within the 1% rule, but would be about a 9% cap rate not including debt service and interest. Beds: 3/2 Crime: 2 out of 5 roughly Schools: 5 out of 10 SqF: 1120 Year Built: 1971 Based on the above would you guys think this would be worth pursuing? Thanks

Why don't you post your deals on the forum and solicit opinions that way?  Everyone is going to have their opinion of what is a good deal and what isn't, meeting with 1 or 2 people may have widely varying advice/guidance.

Here are some details I was able to acquire:I am looking at a buy&hold deal with having a PM manage this property after everything is said and done.

I would need to use leverage to acquire this deal, but not sure how to fa

Price, including closing costs: $160K (does not include lender's fee's)

Based on BPO: $4K

2017 Taxes paid: $790

Average Price Opinion between Trulia, Zillow, etc: roughly $155-160K

BPO for what it could sell for is: $190K

Average Rent Rates (based on rentometer): $1295 - would not be within the 1% rule, but would be about a 9% cap rate not including debt service and interest. 

Beds: 3/2

Crime: 2 out of 5 roughly

Schools: 5 out of 10

SqF: 1120

Year Built: 1971

Based on the above would you guys think this would be worth pursuing? Thanks

Hey George. That depends on the area. That may be a screaming deal for your area or it could be a dud. I would recommend reaching out to local investors to see what their criteria are for the properties they will consider to get an idea of your market or analyze a ton of deals to find out how this property stacks up.

Originally posted by @Gregory McKinley :

Here are some details I was able to acquire:I am looking at a buy&hold deal with having a PM manage this property after everything is said and done.

I would need to use leverage to acquire this deal, but not sure how to fa

Price, including closing costs: $160K (does not include lender's fee's)

Based on BPO: $4K

2017 Taxes paid: $790

Average Price Opinion between Trulia, Zillow, etc: roughly $155-160K

BPO for what it could sell for is: $190K

Average Rent Rates (based on rentometer): $1295 - would not be within the 1% rule, but would be about a 9% cap rate not including debt service and interest. 

Beds: 3/2

Crime: 2 out of 5 roughly

Schools: 5 out of 10

SqF: 1120

Year Built: 1971

Based on the above would you guys think this would be worth pursuing? Thanks

What r the cross sections ? 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here