Company that transfers property into LLC

13 Replies

Hey guys,

Can you please do me a huge favor and recommend a company/attorney that can transfer a property into an LLC? Hopefully not super expensive...

This post has been removed.

Originally posted by @Greg H. :
Keyt Law in Phoenix. You can find them online.

They tried to create a company for me and I had a bad experience with them because they wasted few month and then eventually transferred me to another company that was amazing. Unfortunately that company does not transfer RE into LLCs..

How much did they charge you, if you dont mind me asking

Originally posted by @Account Closed :

Legal zoom did it for me.

what kind of form did you get from legal zoom? letter to release a title? Or warranty deed? What is the name of the form that you got on legal zoom?

This post has been removed.

I didn't have them transfer property into the LLC. You can probably have a local title company transfer title for you if you don't want to do it. I had them create a few llcs years ago. They have handled a few other things for us and I have had good experiences.

You can create your own LLC online with AZ corporation commission for about $100. You can also just record your own quit claim deeds with the county recorder for $8 per property. You can ask your title company for a template.

Originally posted by @Stone Jin :

You can create your own LLC online with AZ corporation commission for about $100. You can also just record your own quit claim deeds with the county recorder for $8 per property. You can ask your title company for a template.

@Greg H.:

Can you guys please tell me the steps you did or doing?

1) So you opened LLC,

2) then you gotten a quit claim/warranty deed filled in saying that you are transferring the title of your property from your personal name to the LLC in that quit claim/warranty deed. Then you recorded that deed at assessors office.

3) Got tax ID and opened a bank account for your LLC with that tax ID

4) got leases in name of LLC and your renters are depositing the rents to your LLC's bank account

5) holding yearly minutes? 

6) did you get a business license from the city where your rental is in?

am I missing anything?

Originally posted by @Mary Jay :
Originally posted by @Greg H.:

They tried to create a company for me and I had a bad experience with them because they wasted few month and then eventually transferred me to another company that was amazing. Unfortunately that company does not transfer RE into LLCs..

Keyt Law does my LLC's and they are very professional and responsive. I highly recommend them. They have done over 6,000 LLCs and have been in business for 30 years. They are part of AZREIA. I'm sorry if you had a problem but I can guarantee anyone reading this that it was not the fault of Keyt Law. Their fees are in the $400 to $600 range for creating an LLC depending on what you want and with outstanding service. (No, I don't get a commission for saying this nor do I get free services. I've paid them a lot of money and it has saved me far more.)

Originally posted by @Mike M. :
Originally posted by @Mary Jay:
Originally posted by @Greg H.:

Keyt Law does my LLC's and they are very professional and responsive. I highly recommend them. They have done over 6,000 LLCs and have been in business for 30 years. They are part of AZREIA. I'm sorry if you had a problem but I can guarantee anyone reading this that it was not the fault of Keyt Law. Their fees are in the $400 to $600 range for creating an LLC depending on what you want and with outstanding service. (No, I don't get a commission for saying this nor do I get free services. I've paid them a lot of money and it has saved me far more.)

Although I disagree with you because it actually was their fault, I still should not have said anything on this forum. On that I agree with you. I should of kept my mouth closed...

Anyway, I am glad you had a good experience with them. The company I was doing was not an LLC, so may be that is why it did not work out. Looks like they have a lot of experience with LLCs since they have done so many...So I wish them all the best and hope people on this forum will make their judgement on their own experience with them and wont get steated away form them because I did not have a good experience with them...

Thank you for your comment, Mike. 

@Mary Jay

I think you may find value in speaking strategy with a cpa or attorney. I wouldn't sign a lease with each little LLC, you may want to set up a LLC that is a property management LLC and then have a management agreement with each LLC that holds real estate.

i'm not a cpa or attorney so please use your own judgement.

Originally posted by @Hogan Ch:

Lots of people diy creating llcs. Not sure how necessary to pay extra to those services. Maybe depend on the situation. 

So far Ive been doing them myself too. The question is are they done correctly?

What are you guys doing on your LLCs? Member managed? Manager managed? 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here