• Rental Property Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Wholesaling In San Diego, CA-Seeking Guidance & Honest Feedback

Anthony Dray
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Jun 11 2018, 20:00

Hey everyone. I'm fairly new to real estate, especially Wholesaling and I'm looking for any tips/advice you'd be willing to share. I'm from San Diego, CA and live in San Diego County and want to explore the option of Wholesaling in the area. I have a full time job at a tech company that offers SaaS but am looking to augment my income by becoming involved in Real Estate, in particular wholesaling. 

I am doing my research and am ensuring that I have all of the proper reports/forms/legal literature, valuation tools, etc and have several friends who are RE Agents & Loan officers whom I ask questions, BUT I am still lacking information in certain areas. My goal is to be as professional, efficient, helpful and reputable as possible when it comes to wholesaling. I don't want to be unprepared when it comes to responsibly/ethically connecting sellers and cash buyers on an all around "win-win" investment. 

Dilemma: I don't have a broker's license or Real Estate License. How much can/will this hurt me even if my processes are sound and I operate honestly with my sellers/buyers? Are there state/local legal factors in place that could preclude me from successfully practicing wholesaling in the area? 

Does anyone have any guidance for a first time wholesaler getting their feet wet in the industry in general? 

I have a decent grasp on the process of completing a wholesale deal from start to finish but need to start changing my theoretical knowledge into real world experience. 

Thank you in advance for any feedback/advice that you provide. 

-Tony

Loading replies...