• Flipper
  • Huntington Beach, CA
Votes |
Joshua Tree Utility Costs Electrical

Jake Miller
  • Flipper
  • Huntington Beach, CA
Posted Jul 20 2018, 09:39

Hello everyone, looking for anyone who has had to run utilities in and around the Joshua Tree,CA region and what your costs ran for electrical? I've tried calling Edison and they were nice about getting me into contact with a planner from their office but no matter what she wouldn't give me numbers of estimates other than telling me it'll cost 2grand for an easement-permit fee to even come to numbers and that's about 4 to 5 months out.

I'm in contract with about 10acres out there and I really have no desire to commit if getting utilites hooked up is going to end up costing way more then I expect, I know from looking at the lot I have water on the road and I have electrical poles running all along the roads north,south and east of the property, so I'm really only thinking I'll need to run about 100ft of overhead cable, does anyone know what those costs typically run?

For the water I found a PDF from the Joshua basin water company that put the estimate around $5,800 if the water pipes are adjacent to the property, which they are. So that's reasonable and within my expected costs.

Loading replies...