California Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Danny T.
Votes |
We moved in April 2019 and need to sell our 550k house in Cali

Danny T.
Posted Nov 13 2019, 15:52

Hi my name is Danny. We bought a house for 550k in Canyon Country, Ca 91387 in Spring of 2019. My partner commutes an hour + everyday and works for a high paying job but the stress is killing him and making him miserable. The Tick fire has fueled us in thinking we need to get out! I would rather we sell the house, at least that's our thought. We are researching building a tiny home and moving to NC where he can freelance and I can learn and start to invest in real estate. Our obstacle is in selling this house. I don't know where to start because there could be options I just don't know that we have and I hope to find someone here would could share some insight.

Capital Gains tax, paying money out of pocket, and how much money we will lose is such a stressful aspect. We put 20% down on the buying of this home. TOTAL PAYOFF AMOUNT is $437,179. I don't even know where to direct my thoughts. I know I should probably call a realtor first and tell them our situation and probably an attorney and someone to look over the taxes. What would you guys do?

I have never posted on here before but watch the bigger pockets podcast a lot. I would like to invest money into real estate to create financial freedom which is the goal and hope we can figure out what to do in our situation.

P.S Our home wasn't burned down in the Tick Fire in California but we had to evacuate for 2 days. By the time we had packed our cars the air around us was black and full of smoke. Luckily there was no damage but we are stressed out being in what we perceive as an unsafe place and have no idea how we can sell after this fire. Would that make our odds of success much more difficult?

P.S.P.S

You can see a house that has burned down in our neighborhood which is up on a hill not too far from us. It is more remote than the houses where our cul de sac is located, but just to give you perspective, we recorded flames in the hills behind our home with our cameras.

Loading replies...