Denver CO Investment properties

3 Replies

Hi Denver,

I am a CA investor, looking to find cash-flow properties in other out-of-state markets. I am currently purchasing properties in Indy and in South-west Ohio and am now looking to expand toward a market closer to home. I also was born and raised in Denver and have family and friends there that could be helpful as my boots on the ground. I know Kansas City is another hot market but I was wondering if anyone could comment on the climate of the real estate market in the greater Denver metro area. I am looking for SFH and multi-family apartment buy-hold opportunities.

I am also very interested to learn what the landlord laws are like in Denver.  Both Indy and ohio are very landlord friendly and we can evict tenants in short time with little money and effort if needed.  How easy is it to be a landlord in the area?

thanks in advance for any help you are willing to share.

@Jeff Berlin - Denver is very Landlord friendly IMO. If you are proactive you can have your property back in less than 30 days provided the tenants don't fight it. Denver is a very hot market. Easily in the top five in the nation. Low time on market (less than 20 days for homes less than 500K). High appreciation (more than 8% per year for the last two years for all home prices). Low vacancy rates (less than 5% for the past 3 years). High average rent growth (more than 8% per year for the past 3 years). When the music stops no one knows.

It is hard to find properties that will cash flow out of the gate even with 25% down. SFH that cashflow almost always need work and would not qualify for conventional financing when purchased. Still those don't happen all that often.

@Bill S.

thanks for the input.  Sounds a lot like what is going on out here.  I, however, like the  appreciation with the benefit of a landlord friendly environment.  i'll be out there next weekend and will be checking out some properties during my trip.  thanks again

Originally posted by :

thanks for the input.  Sounds a lot like what is going on out here.  I, however, like the  appreciation with the benefit of a landlord friendly environment.  i'll be out there next weekend and will be checking out some properties during my trip.  thanks again

There is a lot going on as you will see by how many dumpsters/cranes there are about town. Even though they are building 1000s of apartments, it is still not keeping up with demand. I'd stay near downtown if you can or along major routes into the area. Make sure financing is lined up because trying to buy right now is still very difficult. Good Luck!

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.