Skip to content
Colorado Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Kelly G.
  • Florissant, CO
Votes |
Q Re: Exclusive Right to Buy Listing Contract . .

Kelly G.
  • Florissant, CO
Posted Oct 3 2016, 20:47

Greetings;

I am moving to CO and am unfamiliar with the paperwork involved in a RE transaction - specifically the:  Exclusive Right to Buy Listing Contract;  Buyer Agency (is checked)

I have bought and sold property in California and have never seen a form like this!

I am currently working with an agent - who found a property I'm interested in.  The agent is working for me as a "buyer's agent".  The RE agent works in a multi-person firm.  

The following box is checked on the form:

4.3.1.2. Buyer Agency Unless Brokerage Relationship with Both.If this box is checked, Broker represents Buyer as Buyer’s Agent and must treat the seller as a customer, unless Broker currently has or enters into an agency or Transaction-Brokerage relationship with the seller, in which case Broker must act as a Transaction-Broker.

What does " . . and must treat the seller as a customer, . . " mean?  Am I not the 'customer'??  On the surface - this sounds like a conflict - which is what I was trying to avoid in working with a "Buyer's Agent".  

Also:  What is a "Transaction Coordinator"?  the form indicates that the Broker will be using a Transaction Coordinator to  .  'dot the i's and cross the t's' (my paraphrase) so to speak.  This kinda sounds like an Escrow company used in CA?  

Anything I should look out for on this form?  Currently, I am asking the Broker to indicate that this form is only valid for the current property I am placing an offer on; and Not a specified period of time.  

Yes, my agent can answer all this for me;  but always best to ask someone Not associated with the contract!

Thanks in advance

Kelly

Loading replies...