• Morristown, NJ
Votes |
Newbie Searching for North Jersey Local Meet-Up Recommendations

Sean McNiff
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Morristown, NJ
Posted Jun 9 2022, 07:34

Hi all!  My name is Sean and I'm just beginning my real estate journey.  I'm 38 years old and work in a specialty insurance business that has no connection to real estate, so my knowledge is really only what I've learned from the Bigger Pockets podcasts at this point.  Like most, I've read Rich Dad Poor Dad and I try very hard to combat lifestyle creep so I can invest in assets as opposed to liabilities.  

I live in Morristown and have owned my primary residence for a little over 5 years at this stage (which I see as a liability, though the appreciation these last two years has been nice).  I've ordered a number of real estate investing books and I'm excited to get started, but I'm really interested in finding a group of people in North Jersey that can share some of their experience in our market and perhaps introduce me to events or meet-ups so I can begin familiarize myself with all things real estate.

Thanks so much in advance for reading, and if anyone is in Morristown (or close by), I'd love to grab a casual cup of coffee or a beer.

Thanks in advance for any comments and recommendations.

Loading replies...