Votes
Eldon S. Bailey
  • West Haven, UT
Votes |
Starting my RE journey (again)

Eldon S. Bailey
  • West Haven, UT
Posted Jul 17 2022, 10:50

Hello everyone.  My name is Eldon Bailey.  I'm actually a returning member.  I would like to tell you about myself.

I am retired from the U.S. Air Force (active duty) but currently work the DoD, as a civilian.  My wife and I have five children who are now adults and living on their own. 

I am 52 years old and will be able to retire from my current job in 8 -10 years. Because of the retirement structure, sticking around for that is not vitally important to me as I will basically be funding my own retirement with my Thrift Savings Plan (TSP).

My wife and I are in a GREAT financial position (zero debt, cash on-hand, disposable income) and are excited to start building passive income for us and generational wealth for our family.  Most of all, not needing to wait 8 - 10 more years to quit my job.

My initial goal was to purchase at least two properties by the end of the year, but the housing market we live in is extremely over-inflated and seems very difficult and risky to invest in right now. I have no idea where to start with long distance investing, so for now, I'm just trying to learn everything I can about "buy and hold", "BRRRR", private and hard money, and analyzing properties. Unfortunately, I don't work with or know anyone who invests in real estate (at least not anyone whom I would consider an expert or mentor).

I love to learn, so I will continue absorbing everything I can on biggerpockets and hopefully find other helpful resources/people along the way.  I am grateful for any advice or "words of wisdom" shared by others.  I look forward to networking with as many of you as possible. 

Loading replies...