Roland Manlapig
Pro Member
Votes |
New Investor! (Not in Jersey City...)

Roland Manlapig
Pro Member
Posted Jul 28 2022, 06:39

Hey everyone!

Brand spanking new investor here. Deep in the corporate rat race with no means of free time and/or meaningful wealth generation. I'm also the owner of my photography business with early aspirations to transition fully into it, but never gained real traction. 

I found REI and Bigger Pockets while youtube surfing random stuff. Went deeper into the REI hole and started reading books (Rich Dad Poor Dad, Rental Property Investing (Brandon Turner), and BRRRR (David Greene) and listened to podcasts/youtube videos. Needless to say I'm hooked on making this work. Here's my stats:

- I'm located in Howell, NJ. The post location says "Jersey City", but that's incorrect and there were only 2 options to choose from (why?).

- I'm looking to invest ideally in Single or Multi family properties in Central/South NJ. Reason being is I don't have an investment property yet, and I don't want to try remote investing until I can get comfortable with the process. I'm open to the surrounding states of PA and DE, assuming the NJ isn't as lucrative or other reasons.

My REI goal is to build passive income and generational wealth. I've decided on the "BRRRR" strategy.

- My goal with BP is to learn more, network, build a team, and get started within the next 6 months.

- Fun fact about myself: I think chocolate mint anything should be banned as a food option.

Look forward to learning more.

Loading replies...