New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Kyle Deville
Votes |
Looking to make connections!

Kyle Deville
Posted May 27 2022, 07:03

Hey everyone, Im new to REI. I work as a travel nurse and am interested in short term/ month to month rentals for other travel nurses. I'm looking to make some connections with realtors and property managers to help me on this new journey!

Thank you for reading my post, I am looking forward to hearing from everyone! 

User Stats

Votes
Lexey Vezzoso
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boise, ID
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boise, ID
Replied May 29 2022, 12:21

Hi Kyle!

It's great that you are looking to get into REI. Are you only interested in Cleveland, Ohio for your market?

I only ask because I imagine you guys travel to many different markets. Let me know how I can help and good luck!

Lexey 

User Stats

Votes
Kyle Deville
Votes |
Replied May 29 2022, 16:18
Quote from @Lexey Vezzoso:

Hi Kyle!

It's great that you are looking to get into REI. Are you only interested in Cleveland, Ohio for your market?

I only ask because I imagine you guys travel to many different markets. Let me know how I can help and good luck!

Lexey 

Hey lexey! Thanks for commenting.

So far Cleveland is one of the top major cities I've rearched that has many travel nurses contracts with decent affordable housing. But, i am always open to checking out new cities to see if the numbers look right. 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 29 2022, 17:28
Quote from @Kyle Deville:

Hi Kyle!

Lexey 

So far Cleveland is one of the top major cities I've rearched that has many travel nurses contracts with decent affordable housing. But, i am always open to checking out new cities to see if the numbers look right. 

How long are some of your stays in a particular area?

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas Misch
  • Investor
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied May 29 2022, 18:54

Hi Kyle!

Lexey 

Cleveland is a great location when it comes to hospitals as we have the world renown Cleveland Clinic, and University Hospitals!

User Stats

Votes
Kyle Deville
Votes |
Replied May 29 2022, 20:04
Quote from @Tyler Triplett:

Hi Kyle!

Lexey 

How long are some of your stays in a particular area?

Hey Tyler!  Typically nursing contracts are from 4-13 weeks. Majority are 13weeks long because hospitals have quarterly budgets and are able to determine if they have money for travel nurses. 

User Stats

Votes
Justin Windham
Pro Member
  • Solo 401k provider
  • Denver & Hilton Head
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Solo 401k provider
  • Denver & Hilton Head
Replied May 30 2022, 05:03

@Kyle Deville

It’s nice to have you on Bigger Pockets!

Make sure you check out all that this site has to offer.

If you are looking to connect with other members near you, or want to learn from people in a specific area you’d like to invest in, or have a desire to find people interested in certain topics, you could use the search feature here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

I really like the alerts feature that can quickly guide you to current topics that might interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 30 2022, 19:00

@Kyle Deville

Is part of the contract pay for your rent or a clause that would contribute to it?

I am asking because I have a property one of my investors are looking at and it right next to a hospital, so he was thinking short term rental maybe a better option vs long term.

User Stats

Votes
Kyle Deville
Votes |
Replied May 30 2022, 21:21
Quote from @Tyler Triplett:

@Kyle Deville

Is part of the contract pay for your rent or a clause that would contribute to it?

I am asking because I have a property one of my investors are looking at and it right next to a hospital, so he was thinking short term rental maybe a better option vs long term.

So in your contract with the hospital, you have your set rate that you get paid and then you have a stipend for housing, food and transportation that is tax free. Each stipend is different depending on city to city. Majority of stipends in california where I work is $1500 a week. 

User Stats

Votes
Matthew McKee
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Boise, ID
Votes |
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Boise, ID
Replied May 30 2022, 21:30

Hi Kyle!

Lexey 

No one better in the business to know than @Lexey Vezzoso

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Scroggins
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Richmond, VA
Replied May 30 2022, 21:36

Hey everyone, Im new to REI. I work as a travel nurse and am interested in short term/ month to month rentals for other travel nurses. I'm looking to make some connections with realtors and property managers to help me on this new journey!

This sounds like an awesome way to piggy back off of something you already love doing! You also have a special edge because you know what travel nurses are looking for in a stay. I'm in Richmond, VA but would still love to connect. I would love to hear about what you are seeing in the Cleveland market.

Good luck on the journey! I've learned that if you keep connecting, the puzzle starts to look more complete. 

Cheers

Jordan Scroggins at Exit First Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
Kyle Deville
Votes |
Replied May 30 2022, 23:23
Quote from @Jordan Scroggins:

This sounds like an awesome way to piggy back off of something you already love doing! You also have a special edge because you know what travel nurses are looking for in a stay. I'm in Richmond, VA but would still love to connect. I would love to hear about what you are seeing in the Cleveland market.

Good luck on the journey! I've learned that if you keep connecting, the puzzle starts to look more complete. 

Cheers

Thanks Jordan! I will definitely take a look at Richmond. 

The main thing that makes me gravitate toward Cleveland is the amount of travel contracts and the price of housing in the area. I definitely know travel nursing but very green when it comes to REI.

In Richmond, do you STR or MTR for your rental properties?

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Scroggins
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Richmond, VA
Replied Jun 1 2022, 08:21
Quote from @Jordan Scroggins:

Cheers

Thanks Jordan! I will definitely take a look at Richmond. 

The main thing that makes me gravitate toward Cleveland is the amount of travel contracts and the price of housing in the area. I definitely know travel nursing but very green when it comes to REI.

In Richmond, do you STR or MTR for your rental properties?

I actually don't have any rental properties at the moment. I just finished my first 90 days of being an agent. I have a plan that starts with some cash flow in Petersburg 20 minutes south of Richmond. The zipcode 23220 and a few spots in 23223 are hotspots for Air Bnb in Richmond, VA. A couple condos in this market too. I can send you some examples if you're interested.

VCU Medical Campus is also growing and adding new buildings and the Health System is expanding down Broad Street. That means students that have the opportunity to stay and get jobs in a growing market.

While I'm a new agent. I'm deep into the market and the data. Let me know if you want to chat sometime soon

Jordan Scroggins at Exit First Realty Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Sabrina Quinones
  • Realtor
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied Jun 7 2022, 18:30

@Kyle Deville

Hey Kyle! Congrats on your new journey! I'm an experienced Realtor in the Cleveland, Ohio area. It would be great to connect as i'd love to know how I could be of value to you-welcome to Real Estate!

Sabrina

User Stats

Votes
Kate Glassman
  • Lender
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied Jun 10 2022, 12:17

Hey @Kyle Deville!

Greenly Mortgage specializes in investment loans for numerous reasons: our rates will always be cheaper because of our low overhead, we can issue a same day pre-approval and we can close your loan in 14 days or less. Most lenders are closing their loans on average between 40-60 days, so having a same day pre-approval and a 14 day close pushes you to the very top of the list for prime borrowers. Message me if you'd like to talk some more!