Votes
Chad George
Pro Member
Votes |
New REI in the Greater Houston Area

Chad George
Pro Member
Posted May 27 2022, 20:26

I am an aspiring REI in the Greater Houston Area, looking to make connections. My Real Estate fixation began about 3 or so years ago before I graduated from college with my Bachelors in accounting. I have been self educating by listening to the BiggerPockets podcast, reading various books on Real Estate, and of course "Rich Dad Poor Dad". I would love to team up with an experienced investor in my area and get my first deal under my belt.

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied May 27 2022, 21:17

Hey I’m touch with @Shahan Siddiqi 

Good connect to have on the area 

User Stats

Votes
Alex Breshears
  • Lender
  • Springfield, MO
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Springfield, MO
Replied May 29 2022, 06:39

Hi Chad! It's great you are getting started and have some amazing motivation! I know a few private lenders in Texas, but they are likely going to want you to have some experience before they fund a deal, or have a partner that is very experienced.  I am also going to suggest you sit and think about what you bring to the table as a partner. Just saying you want a partner doesn't give anyone any ideas on the "fit" you would have. For example, are you great with spreadsheets and numbers? Then start really mastering the numbers of a deal and your area. Offer to underwrite deals for a more experienced investor and get their feedback from what you came up with.  Lead with your strengths, let people know what they are, and they likely will feel they do or don't need those strengths in their team. 

BiggerPockets logo
Meet Investor-Friendly Agents
|
BiggerPockets
Network with top investor-friendly agents who can help you find, analyze, and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Chad George
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied May 31 2022, 07:51
Quote from @Alex Breshears:

Hi Chad! It's great you are getting started and have some amazing motivation! I know a few private lenders in Texas, but they are likely going to want you to have some experience before they fund a deal, or have a partner that is very experienced.  I am also going to suggest you sit and think about what you bring to the table as a partner. Just saying you want a partner doesn't give anyone any ideas on the "fit" you would have. For example, are you great with spreadsheets and numbers? Then start really mastering the numbers of a deal and your area. Offer to underwrite deals for a more experienced investor and get their feedback from what you came up with.  Lead with your strengths, let people know what they are, and they likely will feel they do or don't need those strengths in their team. 

Thank you so much for the insight Alex! I will keep that in mind as I continue to grow my network.

User Stats

Votes
Wale Lawal
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX
Replied Jun 7 2022, 08:51

Thank you for that introduction, and welcome to BiggerPockets.

I hope you continue to learn from everyone on this platform.

If you have not, great books to read are:

• The Millionaire Next Door
  • Cash Flow Quadrant
  • Tax Free Wealth
  • Set For Life
  • Rental Property Investing
  • The Millionaire Real Estate Investor
  • The REAL Book of Real Estate
  • So Good They Can’t Ignore You

You are more than welcome to reach out if you have any questions. 

I can help you with your Real Estate Goals because I’ve helped many to achieve same thing you are trying to do

Good Luck!

User Stats

Votes
Justin Windham
Pro Member
  • Solo 401k provider
  • Denver & Hilton Head
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Solo 401k provider
  • Denver & Hilton Head
Replied Jun 7 2022, 08:57

@Chad George

Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

If you are looking to invest into real estate, I have found this site to be incredibly helpful.

If you are looking to connect with other members near you, or want to learn from people in a specific area you’d like to invest in, or have a desire to find people interested in certain topics, you could use the search feature here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

User Stats

Votes
Nancy Truong
  • Attorney
  • Houston
Votes |
  • Attorney
  • Houston
Replied Jun 10 2022, 23:33

Hi Chad. Feel free to pm me anytime. I'm an active investor in Houston and also a real estate attorney so I can give you another perspective in real estate. 

User Stats

Votes
Chad George
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jun 23 2022, 11:30
Quote from @Wale Lawal:

Thank you for that introduction, and welcome to BiggerPockets.

I hope you continue to learn from everyone on this platform.

If you have not, great books to read are:

• The Millionaire Next Door
  • Cash Flow Quadrant
  • Tax Free Wealth
  • Set For Life
  • Rental Property Investing
  • The Millionaire Real Estate Investor
  • The REAL Book of Real Estate
  • So Good They Can’t Ignore You

You are more than welcome to reach out if you have any questions. 

I can help you with your Real Estate Goals because I’ve helped many to achieve same thing you are trying to do

Good Luck!

Thank you so much for the book recommendations Wale! I will most definitely be adding these to my reading list.  

User Stats

Votes
Jay Thomas
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Jun 23 2022, 12:27

Welcome to the amazing world of REI, Chad!

I have always been a hands on learner, so I always look out for networking events to connect with boss-minded people in Houston. I recommend looking into HTXMillennials on Instagram and getting on their newsletter. They have amazing events and a lot of investors are sponsors and even attendees. You can meet mentors, clients, vendors, and more! 

Keep self educating through books, blogs, and BP. Keep that fire lit and ROCK IT! Welcome again, brother! If you would ever like to connect, I would love to meet and talk and learn more about your story and your WHY!