Taylor Lyons
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Looking to BRRRR and Househack in Central Florida

Taylor Lyons
  • Tampa, FL
Posted Jun 3 2022, 17:08

Hello, 

I just moved to the Tampa area with my wife and we are looking to BRRRR single family homes or small multifamilies properties in the Central Florida Region.

In addition, we are looking to househack a small multifamily property using my VA loan later this year.

Does anyone know any agents, contractors, handymen, or property managers they would want to refer?

Or else, if anyone would simply like to meet, chat, and network, I'd love to talk. 

Thanks,

Taylor

User Stats

Votes
Tyler Gibson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Jun 3 2022, 17:31
Quote from @Taylor Lyons:

Hello, 

I just moved to the Tampa area with my wife and we are looking to BRRRR single family homes or small multifamilies properties in the Central Florida Region.

In addition, we are looking to househack a small multifamily property using my VA loan later this year.

Does anyone know any agents, contractors, handymen, or property managers they would want to refer?

Or else, if anyone would simply like to meet, chat, and network, I'd love to talk. 

Thanks,

Taylor

You might want to connect with @valentina calla. I don't work over in Tampa or I would volunteer to help. I'm happy to connect and answer any questions you have but I'm in Orlando. 

GPG Team Logo

User Stats

Votes
Kristina Kuba
Pro Member
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Jun 3 2022, 18:56

@Taylor Lyons

Welcome! You have chosen a great city.

I would recommend finding an investor friendly realtor who has off market properties at their disposal. Tampa is an extremely competitive market and you might find yourself in constant bidding wars. Also, a solid investor friendly real estate agent should be a one stop shop and will have a rolodex of contractors and handymen so you can start your business down here. Congrats on moving to Tampa!

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Raymond J. Rodrigues
Lender
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
Lender
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Miami, FL
Replied Jun 3 2022, 19:22

Hi @Taylor Lyons, I second @Tyler Gibson recommendation. I’ve worked with @Valentina Calla in the past and she is great! 

Helm Mortgage Corp Logo

User Stats

Votes
Valentina Calla
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Jun 3 2022, 20:08

Thank you @Raymond J. Rodrigues and @Tyler Gibson! I would be happy to assist you Taylor, I just sent you a message so we can schedule a chat! I look forward to speaking with you. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 4 2022, 07:28

Hi Taylor!

I am a lender and a realtor. I have some off-markets, that fall under investor friendly category. 
Also, I am military as well, so can answer questions you got regarding VA

User Stats

Votes
Edwin Epperson
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Jun 6 2022, 09:16

@Taylor Lyons Welcome to BP and even more so Tampa Bay, FL!  I live in Tampa, FL as well invest here and throughout the state.  Being prior service myself I can say you have some advantages that are unique to vets and you should definitely pursue them.  I have some contacts, but it depends largely on where you're looking to invest.  Let's connect, and maybe grab a drink sometime, happy to send you a list of contacts.

~ DOL/ RLTW