• Attorney
  • Houston
Votes |
I'm a Texas Real Estate & Business Attorney and Investor

Nancy Truong
  • Attorney
  • Houston
Posted Jun 10 2022, 23:54

Hello All! I recently joined BP a couple months ago and  have been reading and commenting posts. I'm amazed with the overwhelming amount of help everybody provides. This truly is a great platform. 

About myself: I'm a Texas Attorney, and heavily invest in residential real estate. Although I'm experienced in commercial real estate from a legal perspective, I am learning the ropes from an investment standpoint. Hoping to meet like minded people and eventually buy a commercial property. 

I love reading, and strategizing real estate deals. I get geeked out when people want to talk real estate. 

Looking forward to connecting with you all. 

User Stats

Votes
Bonnie Griffin Kaake
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Denver, CO
Replied Jun 11 2022, 11:44

Welcome! I work with a lot of RE attorneys and tax attorneys. Some send me clients and others are investors themselves. Don't leave money on the table with those residential rentals. Too many investors don't know that they can do cost segregation studies on them and get a considerable amount of tax benefits and cash-flow. Why pay more in taxes than you need to pay? It is not just the larger commercial properties that need tax benefits and cash flow. 

User Stats

Votes
Nancy Truong
  • Attorney
  • Houston
Votes |
  • Attorney
  • Houston
Replied Jun 11 2022, 18:29

Thanks for the input Bonnie!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Ronald Rohde
Pro Member
#2 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Attorney
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Attorney
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Jun 15 2022, 07:30

Welcome, I'm a commercial real estate attorney in Dallas. Solely invest in industrial properties in DFW.

Are you here looking to help investors or mainly to help build your investments?

User Stats

Votes
Nancy Truong
  • Attorney
  • Houston
Votes |
  • Attorney
  • Houston
Replied Jun 17 2022, 16:42
Quote from @Ronald Rohde:

Welcome, I'm a commercial real estate attorney in Dallas. Solely invest in industrial properties in DFW.

Are you here looking to help investors or mainly to help build your investments?

Both actually. I enjoy teaching investors about the law. I'm also an active investor in real estate.