New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Mikel Hamlet
Votes |
Coming from the podcast

Mikel Hamlet
Posted Jun 12 2022, 14:16

Hey, I’m Mikel a 19yr old from Deptford, NJ. I was listening to the podcast when I decided to hop on the Site. Just wanted to introduce myself. Any forums to recommend for beginners? And why isn’t there a location tag to represent South Jersey??

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Garcia
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Jun 12 2022, 17:12

Hi @Mikel Hamlet, great to see some fellow young people in real estate!

Welcome to the community!

I am not sure why there is no location tag for South Jersey.

Let me know if I can ever be of assistance to you.

User Stats

Votes
Alex Breshears
  • Lender
  • Springfield, MO
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Springfield, MO
Replied Jun 12 2022, 18:52

Hi Mikel!

Welcome to the BiggerPockets community! There is a lot to learn. My suggestion would be to start investigating the type of investing you want to do and really deep dive into that topic. Evaluate how much it meets your goals, time commitments, skill set, etc. Next, there are tons of places in the forums to post questions! Depending on the topic, there is more than likely a place to post questions about what you are doing or need clarification on.  Start reading, connecting with others in your area, and get the needed skills for that type of investing. Good luck!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Justin Windham
Pro Member
  • Solo 401k provider
  • Denver & Hilton Head
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Solo 401k provider
  • Denver & Hilton Head
Replied Jun 13 2022, 05:01

@Mikel Hamlet

It’s great to have you on the forums!

This site is great if you are looking to invest into real estate.

There are a few self-contained guides that you can access here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/guides

I really like the alerts feature that can quickly guide you to current topics that might interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts