Votes
Brandon Collins
Pro Member
Votes |
New Flipper in Auburndale FL

Brandon Collins
Pro Member
Posted Jul 7 2022, 08:24

Hi BP Family, my name is Brandon Collins and I am new to the whole Real Estate business. It has been something I often fantasized about since I was a kid but never knew how about getting started and never really bothered to look into it until recently. I started listening to Bigger Pockets podcast about 2 months ago and now on episode 51 of like 700 lol. After the first 3 episodes I realized that I need my Real Estate license. I just finished the 63 hr course and scheduled to get my finger prints next Monday. My goal is to flip houses and buy & hold on the side. Currently, I work for Toyota selling cars and have done so for the last 4 years. I make enough doing this that I have extra money to invest now. That is what finally motivated me to act.  All of that being said, other than sending a simple friend request on Facebook, I really do not know anything about networking or building relationships online. Yes I am 35 and grew up in the internet/social media era but still. If anyone has any suggestions about anything I am open because you don't know what you don't know and in this case, I don't know enough to even know what to ask right now lol. I know I have a lot to learn, not only about Real Estate but how to find the right people, make the right connections, what to best apps and websites to use, etc...

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 7 2022, 09:07

Join the polk county association of realtors.

https://www.epcar.com/

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Collins
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jul 7 2022, 10:04

I'll check it out. Thank you. BTW I'm not sure what votes are but I'm thinking they are like "Likes" on FB?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Madison Wilson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jul 7 2022, 10:22

Welcome @Brandon Collins! Congratulations on taking the next steps to investing in your future! You'll do great. I am also new to BiggerPockets, as well as investing. Best of luck in your next steps! BP is a great place to connect with agents, but check out your local Facebook groups, NextDoor apps, etc. Also, join a local agent association! 

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Collins
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jul 7 2022, 10:39

Thank you, I will.