• Dallas, TX
Votes |
Dallas/North Texas Meetup

Daniel Schlittler
  • New to Real Estate
  • Dallas, TX
Posted Jul 10 2022, 17:48

Hi Everyone!

My name is Daniel Schlittler, and I'm a soon to be Real Estate investor. My goal is to purchase my first property (a SFR) in the growing North Texas area by October of this year. These cities include: Prosper, Celina, Gunter, Melissa, Anna, Sherman, Van Alstyne, etc.

I've been consuming a ton of BP content via podcasts & books, but am really looking to expand my network. My goal in posting this is to see if there's anyone in the Dallas/North Texas area that would be interested in starting some sort of regular meetup with me where we can share ideas, information, etc. The more the merrier!

I didn't see what I was looking for under the meetup tab, so I figured I'd reach out to everyone directly. Please let me know if you're interested!

Either way, I'm excited to be here & look forward to hopefully meeting/talking with some of you.

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Moorhead
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jul 25 2022, 03:30

@Daniel Schlittler welcome! Are there no meetups on Meetup or BP in your area already?

The Moorhead Team Logo

User Stats

Votes
Ali Williams
  • Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Jul 25 2022, 06:46

Anyone interested in a casual HH, maybe mid-week in the upcoming few weeks? I could do uptown or addison areas. Was really looking for a less formal networking meetup of like-minded individuals. Thanks!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Schlittler
  • New to Real Estate
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Jul 25 2022, 06:56
Quote from @Michael Rand:

Welp I'm never one for missing a good party.  Love to join you guys when you send out the invites.

Love the initiative.  

Michael

Lol! We'll be sure to include you Michael. Let's connect.

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Schlittler
  • New to Real Estate
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Jul 25 2022, 06:57
Quote from @Christopher Douglas:
Quote from @Daniel Schlittler:
Quote from @David M Hansen:

Sign me up! I am also just starting my real estate investing journey and would love info on the meetup. Thanks. 

Will do David! Let's connect.

Hi Daniel.  There seems to be a lot of interest in  the North Texas meetup.  Are there any plans in place? I am interested in participating. 

Thanks for your interest Christopher. Let's connect, I'll send over some information when we clarify dates/times! Most likely looking at August.

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Schlittler
  • New to Real Estate
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Jul 25 2022, 06:59
Quote from @Jordan Moorhead:

@Daniel Schlittler welcome! Are there no meetups on Meetup or BP in your area already?

Thanks Jordan! @Bruce Lynn sent us a good amount that I was unaware of. Looking to start another in the North Texas area.

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Schlittler
  • New to Real Estate
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Jul 25 2022, 06:59
Quote from @Ali Williams:

Anyone interested in a casual HH, maybe mid-week in the upcoming few weeks? I could do uptown or addison areas. Was really looking for a less formal networking meetup of like-minded individuals. Thanks!

I could go for that!

User Stats

Votes
Jack Yen
  • New to Real Estate
  • Plano, TX
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Plano, TX
Replied Jul 27 2022, 06:50

I'm down!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 28 2022, 15:02

@Daniel Schlittler I'm down as well. Closing on my first Fix & Flip property tomorrow! Ready to be around people in a similar boat. let me know :)

User Stats

Votes
Tenetrice Johnson
  • New to Real Estate
  • Dallas, Tx
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Dallas, Tx
Replied Jul 28 2022, 21:20

Any updates? I'm looking for cash buyers and the meetup would definitely help me network with great end buyers.

User Stats

Votes
Alicia Marks
Pro Member
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Fort Worth, TX
Replied Jul 29 2022, 09:09

Working on nailing down a location.

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Schlittler
  • New to Real Estate
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Jul 29 2022, 09:38
Quote from @Sean Robbins:

@Daniel Schlittler I'm down as well. Closing on my first Fix & Flip property tomorrow! Ready to be around people in a similar boat. let me know :)

Good stuff Sean!! Let’s connect. 

User Stats

Votes
Veronica Juliao-Guzman
  • Investor
  • McKinney, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • McKinney, TX
Replied Jul 30 2022, 02:04

@Daniel Schlittler

Hey! I am very interested in a local meet up. My husband and I are ready to embark our real estate journey. We relocated from Miami, FL to McKinney, TX in 2018. I look forward to connecting with locals in our area to help and learn from one another! I am available to assist with planning a meet up if necessary. Thanks! 

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Schlittler
  • New to Real Estate
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Jul 30 2022, 06:07
Quote from @Veronica Juliao-Guzman:

@Daniel Schlittler

Hey! I am very interested in a local meet up. My husband and I are ready to embark our real estate journey. We relocated from Miami, FL to McKinney, TX in 2018. I look forward to connecting with locals in our area to help and learn from one another! I am available to assist with planning a meet up if necessary. Thanks! 

We’d love to have you Veronica! Welcome to TX!

User Stats

Votes
Ali Williams
  • Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Jul 30 2022, 07:06

Sidecar social in addison is a large indoor space with food/drinks. I live in Dallas but that might be a good meeting point for north Dallas and downtown people. I’m thinking a Thursday night, maybe end of august? If that sounds good we can settle on a date. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 1 2022, 14:17

Sidecar social in addison is a large indoor space with food/drinks. I live in Dallas but that might be a good meeting point for north Dallas and downtown people. I’m thinking a Thursday night, maybe end of august? If that sounds good we can settle on a date. 

Anything Addison  or north is ideal for us folks Plano and farther north.  Trying to get into Uptown area from up here is a crazy commute.  Addison is fairly accessible for Collin county folks, Denton County folks and people out in in Irving or even Garland IMO.   Just my 2 cents..

Account Closed
  • New to Real Estate
  • Carrollton, TX
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Carrollton, TX
Replied Aug 6 2022, 22:30

Definitely interested in trying to go to a meetup.  My wife and I are new to all of this and are hoping to get involved in the real estate arena around Denton/ Lewisville/ Carrollton area for now.  Currently we both work overnights with Sunday/ Monday off. We live in Carrollton.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 8 2022, 17:25

Hi Daniel, Please do count me in! I am in a similar situation. 

User Stats

Votes
Alicia Marks
Pro Member
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Fort Worth, TX
Replied Aug 9 2022, 08:21

I'm still working on a location with a meetup room or separate space. I don't know the area as well, so if anyone has suggestions in north Dallas or Sherman I'm all ears. No one I've talked with had something like that.

User Stats

Votes
Devin Bray
  • Dallas
Votes |
  • Dallas
Replied Aug 9 2022, 09:27

Hi all! I know it is late notice, but we have a meetup tonight. It is in Highland Village from 6-9pm at Hugo's Lost Colony. Free food and drink and just networking! Let me know if you have any questions or if you need more details!

User Stats

Votes
Tenetrice Johnson
  • New to Real Estate
  • Dallas, Tx
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Dallas, Tx
Replied Aug 10 2022, 05:44
Quote from @Devin Bray:

Hi all! I know it is late notice, but we have a meetup tonight. It is in Highland Village from 6-9pm at Hugo's Lost Colony. Free food and drink and just networking! Let me know if you have any questions or if you need more details!

Omg! I wish I had saw this yesterday. I hope it was a good turn out. I'll be on the lookout for the next meeting. 

User Stats

Votes
Devin Bray
  • Dallas
Votes |
  • Dallas
Replied Aug 10 2022, 06:09
Quote from @Tenetrice Johnson:
Quote from @Devin Bray:

Omg! I wish I had saw this yesterday. I hope it was a good turn out. I'll be on the lookout for the next meeting. 

Absolutely! We'll be doing it again in November!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 11 2022, 01:15

Hey guys ! Count me in as well , im new to investing and looking for my first fix and flip . It would be amazing to have a meetup of all like minded people and share so much of knowledge 

User Stats

Votes
Ali Williams
  • Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Aug 11 2022, 06:37

Hey guys! I think we are going to shoot for:

September 8th 5:30-8:00 at Sidecar Social in Addison. Please let us know if you can make it so that I can give the space a call ahead. 

There isn't a separate room, but the space is huge. I was interested in something pretty informal... but if any additional meetups happen from this thread/group I would be open to trying to make those too! Look forward to meeting you.

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Schlittler
  • New to Real Estate
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Aug 11 2022, 06:46

Hey guys! I think we are going to shoot for:

September 8th 5:30-8:00 at Sidecar Social in Addison. Please let us know if you can make it so that I can give the space a call ahead. 

There isn't a separate room, but the space is huge. I was interested in something pretty informal... but if any additional meetups happen from this thread/group I would be open to trying to make those too! Look forward to meeting you.

Love it Ali! I’ll be there. 

Looking forward to hopefully seeing as many of you as possible!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 11 2022, 06:47

I’m in! See ya then 😀