Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes

New to BiggerPockets

Elias Twitchell
Posted Jul 11 2022, 22:26

I am in St Louis for at least half the year. I've tried to flip before but couldn't get financing. I started as an Americorps/Habitat for Humanity crew leader under the site manager, then I worked for a house flipper, and now I run Trimline Builders(A high end remodeling company).

I tried to buy my first flip or live in rental when I was working for the house flipper but couldn't get any loans because it was only my second year of being "self employed". I tried hard but didn't know the right things to do and just ended up thinking that you had to have money to make money and I gave up for a while and eventually just focused on my friend and I's new company.

We started our company because we saw a lot of short cuts with the flipper and didn't feel like what was happening was ethical so we wanted to do better work and be proud of it. Starting a business is way harder than I could have imagined but five years later we are still around and looking to expand intelligently. 

I'm headed to New England in the next few days for a few months of projects we are taking down an old barn to reclaim the lumber, and a few other projects. We are planning to be back in St. Louis around November so I will be trying to get to some rea groups and hopefully find a way to start investing in my future and learning from the school of hard knocks.

Hope to get to know everyone,

Elias Twitchell

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Murith
  • Investor
  • San Rafael
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Rafael
Replied Jul 11 2022, 23:45

Hey @Elias Twitchell, welcome to BiggerPockets!

While I am not currently located in STL, that is where we invest. And our family is from New England :-) sounds like an interesting trip.

I was just reaching out to say hey so we can stay connected. If there is ever anything we can do to help, please let me know!

Cheers