Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Jude Cineas
  • Realtor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
New rising agent seeking knowledge in the world of Real Estate!

Jude Cineas
  • Realtor
  • Tampa, FL
Posted Jul 20 2022, 18:00

Hello Bigger Pockets Family!

It took listening to ten BP podcasts and reading a few books from the website to finally grow the courage to make this post. My Jude Cineas and I are from Tampa, Florida. I recently graduated from the University of South Florida this past spring and man am I ready to get my jump-started. With already having 4 plus years of professional work experience; I knew working the traditional 9-5 was not the life I wanted for myself. We are all aware of the power of real estate when with combined with patience and due diligence. I knew getting into the field of real estate was the move that I needed to take to open the doors to live the life I want to live. I am proud to announce just a few moments ago before writing this post I successfully passed my RE course exam for the state of Florida. I can now move onto with the next steps of getting licensed. I plan on taking the state exam within the coming weeks, in the meantime, I have just been learning more about the market of RE. Being someone who stepped outside of family norms to make a way for myself I am simply seeking knowledge and mentorship from the BP community to help me navigate throughout my real estate journey. I have aspirations to own rental properties to provide me with the financial freedom I want for myself and my future family. If you made it this far in my monologue I thank you for reading and I look forward to connecting with you all.

User Stats

Votes
Robin Simon#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Robin Simon#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jul 21 2022, 09:29

Congratulations and welcome - the podcasts and books here are very helpful!

User Stats

Votes
Jude Cineas
  • Realtor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Jul 21 2022, 18:02
Quote from @Robin Simon:

Congratulations and welcome - the podcasts and books here are very helpful!

Thank you for welcoming. I am here to learn do what is needed to do to transform my life. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jack Mawer
  • Lender
Votes |
  • Lender
Replied Jul 22 2022, 07:42

Welcome Jude! Congratulations on passing the RE course exams, I am very familiar with the real estate license process and know how time consuming it is. I wish you the best of luck with the state exam, there are a few prep courses through Champions that I would recommend to you. I took a 20-hour prep course and was able to pass the exam on my first try with minimal studying!

User Stats

Votes
Kristina Kuba
Pro Member
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Jul 23 2022, 17:28

Congrats @Jude Cineas!  

You seem to be off to an amazing start and just the fact that you are already actively engaging on investor sites shows that you are passionate and driven from the get go!

If you want to be an investor and work with investor clients, I learned a few hacks over the years that I will share.

Join and actively attend your local REIA group, get involved, ask questions, engage with everyone in the room.

Find out what the pain points are for investors in the area and film a reel and IGTV to address it on your instagram/ Facebook. You will learn for your own investing journey and be the go to agent as well.

Spend a day down at City Hall in Tampa and try to meet with the building department officials from permitting and zoning. Drop off some Panera bread pastries…we underestimate how much $20 worth of tasty treats will get you past a gatekeeper and you might get some serious facetime with a Tampa official who has a plethora of information and authority into permitting, zoning etc.

Dumpster driving - Drive around on weekday afternoons and if you see a dumpster and construction crew working on a house see if you can find the lead or foreman on the job and introduce yourself and exchange business cards… you are building your brand and your network of trades for your own investing journey and to provide for your investor clients.

User Stats

Votes
Jude Cineas
  • Realtor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Jul 27 2022, 11:21
Quote from @Jack Mawer:

Welcome Jude! Congratulations on passing the RE course exams, I am very familiar with the real estate license process and know how time consuming it is. I wish you the best of luck with the state exam, there are a few prep courses through Champions that I would recommend to you. I took a 20-hour prep course and was able to pass the exam on my first try with minimal studying!

Hey Jack! 

I agree taking a prep course is an optimal way to study information in a timely manner. I'm definitely searching the best program to help me study for my FL RE exam. 

Thanks for commenting on my post ! 

User Stats

Votes
Jude Cineas
  • Realtor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Jul 27 2022, 11:25
Quote from @Kristina Kuba:

Congrats @Jude Cineas!  

You seem to be off to an amazing start and just the fact that you are already actively engaging on investor sites shows that you are passionate and driven from the get go!

If you want to be an investor and work with investor clients, I learned a few hacks over the years that I will share.

Join and actively attend your local REIA group, get involved, ask questions, engage with everyone in the room.

Find out what the pain points are for investors in the area and film a reel and IGTV to address it on your instagram/ Facebook. You will learn for your own investing journey and be the go to agent as well.

Spend a day down at City Hall in Tampa and try to meet with the building department officials from permitting and zoning. Drop off some Panera bread pastries…we underestimate how much $20 worth of tasty treats will get you past a gatekeeper and you might get some serious facetime with a Tampa official who has a plethora of information and authority into permitting, zoning etc.

Dumpster driving - Drive around on weekday afternoons and if you see a dumpster and construction crew working on a house see if you can find the lead or foreman on the job and introduce yourself and exchange business cards… you are building your brand and your network of trades for your own investing journey and to provide for your investor clients.

Greetings Kristina ! 

I am definitely eager to begin this new path. Thank you for reaching out and making aware a few things I can do now to set myself up. These are all feasible things that can be easily done and have tremendous impact in my career. 

Looking forward to connect with more agents in the area. 

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Moorhead
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jan 20 2023, 08:24

Awesome @Jude Cineas! Have you already started investing too? I found that being an investor first made me a much better agent and gave me skills that many other agents didn't have

The Moorhead Team Logo