Votes
Raj Saini
  • Dayton, OH
Votes |
how file taxes on rental property

Raj Saini
  • Dayton, OH
Posted Jul 28 2022, 11:33

i need a lot of education/help on how to  do rental property taxes and who is knowledgeable in Dayton/Cincinnati area who can do taxes on rental property.

User Stats

Votes
Ned Carey
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baltimore, MD
ModeratorReplied Jul 30 2022, 15:13

@Raj Saini My accountant Jeffrey Stoller and Associates does work nationwide. I can recommend him with confidence. He knows real estate taxation, has many investor clients and gives good service.

Even if you chose to go with a professional accountant you still need to know some basics about how taxes work. The IRS offers some free booklets explaining the basics. look for the ones on rental properties and businesses. 

User Stats

Votes
Theresa Harris
Pro Member
#2 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
Replied Jul 30 2022, 15:45

I'd talk to an accountant if you have no idea where to start.  You can let them do it for a year or two and then just repeat what they are doing after that.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Raj Saini
  • Dayton, OH
Votes |
  • Dayton, OH
Replied Aug 3 2022, 12:07
Quote from @Ned Carey:

@Raj Saini My accountant Jeffrey Stoller and Associates does work nationwide. I can recommend him with confidence. He knows real estate taxation, has many investor clients and gives good service.

Even if you chose to go with a professional accountant you still need to know some basics about how taxes work. The IRS offers some free booklets explaining the basics. look for the ones on rental properties and businesses. 

hi Ned,

thanks for responding . can you please send me info for jeffrey stoller when you have time.

raj