• Albuquerque, NM
Votes |
New Investor in Albuquerque - RE Data Science background

Jake Salerno
  • Investor
  • Albuquerque, NM
Posted Aug 6 2022, 17:27

Hello Bigger Pockets Fam!

Glad to join this awesome group. I am new when it comes to actually investing in real estate. 

I'm a data scientist and analyst in the real estate industry. In the past, I've worked in commercial real estate with a focus on property tax consulting, performing valuations for properties ranging from 1m to 1b. Currently, I work in a high-tech real estate startup on the data science side of operations. I've helped create geospatial models to predict demand zones, and have also put together web scrapers for many of the major home searching platforms in the past. 

I'm moving to Albuquerque soon and hoping to get into the real estate world myself. From what I've read, the best way to start is to get myself into a multi fam property and hack my way from there. Perhaps my background would come in handy for some projects yall are working on.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Young
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Albuquerque, NM
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Albuquerque, NM
Replied Aug 6 2022, 18:36

Hey @Jake Salerno, happy to hear your moving to Albuquerque soon and wanted to get hands on experience investing here. Always glad to see someone with your background and skill set take the leap and actually get their hands dirty. I have a background in Real Estate Finance and I can tell you, it’s one thing to understand how to analyze deals but it’s another thing entirely to learn how to execute. At the end of the day it’s a relationship business. Happy to connect more if your interested. Welcome again!

User Stats

Votes
Jake Salerno
  • Investor
  • Albuquerque, NM
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Albuquerque, NM
Replied Aug 7 2022, 22:42

Hey @Joshua Young thanks for the warm welcome. Absolutely on the relationship part. There is a lot to learn on my end. Mid October I'll be in Albuquerque and if the markets look better, I'm jumping in. I'll reach out!

BiggerPockets logo
Meet Investor-Friendly Agents
|
BiggerPockets
Network with top investor-friendly agents who can help you find, analyze, and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Glen Holmen
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Aug 11 2022, 09:49

Hey Jake, 

Welcome to Albuquerque (soon). This is a fantastic city with so much to recommend it, not the least of which is all the balloons that will be flying to say hello to you each morning. Plenty of troubles too but hopefully those won't greet you often. 

The market here is demand-driven with a serious lack of homes to purchase/fix/rent/BRRR/whatever. With this in mind, I stick to the Brandon Turner maxim of " View 100, offer on 10, 3 will accept, buy one." I claim no special knowledge but that works for me.

There are some peculiarities about NM that you might need to discuss. Also, some fine meetups happen regularly. Happy to have a coffee when you get here. Give me a shout. 

Glen

User Stats

Votes
Peter Linscheid
  • New to Real Estate
  • Fort Irwin, CA
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Fort Irwin, CA
Replied Aug 11 2022, 10:33

Hi @Jake Salerno! I like investing in Albuquerque.  Hope the transition to goes well! Would be great to connect sometime!

Peter