New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Samantha Price
Votes |
Wild Child Paving The Way For My Future Kids

Samantha Price
Posted Nov 8 2022, 09:32

Hey party people!!! My name is Samantha Price. My husband and I are currently stationed at Camp Lejune. We plan on having kids within the next 3 years and my desire is to have my real estate foundation set, learning and networking as much as I can with the help of a mentor! I have the honor of being a full-time nanny and I absolutely love what I do. With our financial situation… we live on base, no savings, we have only $26,000 in debt, 615 credit score. 

I finally finished Rich Dad, Poor Dad and have been growing my knowledge through Bigger Pockets Podcast. I plan to have all of our debt paid off the end of next year.

I am really seeking a mentor to not only walk me through the beginning steps but also someone who has successful worked with the military in this realm. Any advice or opportunities to get together are much appreciated!! 

User Stats

Votes
Melanie Thomas
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • San Antonio
Votes |
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • San Antonio
Replied Nov 8 2022, 10:19

Hi Samantha! Welcome to Bigger Pockets! You have excellent goals to set you on a great path. Looking forward to future progress updates to see how awesome you are doing. Happy investing, good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Doug Spence
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Nov 8 2022, 13:14

@Samantha Price Welcome to Bigger Pockets! You're in the right place to learn about real estate. There are lots of fellow active duty real estate investors here (myself included) who are happy to help out however we can. 

Before you get a mentor I recommend you and your husband do some serious thinking and figure out exactly what your goals are for the next 5, 10, 20 years. Be as detailed as possible! Its important to start with the end in mind, because if you don't know where you want to go, how will you chart the right course to get there? 

I also recommend surrounding yourself with people who are doing (or have done) what you're trying to do. 

-Go to local real estate meetups!

-Join a mastermind group!

-Never stop educating yourself! Many people begin with Rich Dad Poor Dad and it inspires them as it has you, but its just the beginning. Read more books, listen to podcasts, watch youtube videos, or however you like to consume information about real estate, entrepreneurship, and mindset. 

Good luck and keep us updated on your journey!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes