New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Robbin Kimbell
Votes |
Private Lender for Personal Home Purchase

Robbin Kimbell
Posted Nov 12 2022, 09:25

I am a realtor whose looking to purchase a personal home and to rent out the lower level for passive income. I've applied for mortgage loans for the past three years with favorable outcome. I am searching for a different loan option.

Thank you.

User Stats

Votes
Bob Reinhard
  • Lender
  • Patterson, NY
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Patterson, NY
Replied Nov 12 2022, 09:36
Greetings and welcome.

Hard money generally does not favor owner occupied properties.

Private money, well, that'll be up to the person lending.

Much success.
Bob

User Stats

Votes
Scott E.
  • Developer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied Nov 12 2022, 13:26

If you have been pre-approved by a traditional lender, why are you wanting a private lender? If it is for the interest rate, you are probably going to pay the same or more with a private lender right now.

Typically a private lender is somebody you know. A friend, family member, colleague, acquaintance. So if you do want to work something out with a private lender, you need to think about your network and who within that network has some cash laying around that they are looking to invest.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Robbin Kimbell
Votes |
Replied Nov 13 2022, 12:09

Thank you, Bob, for your feedback.

Hello Scott, It is not for the interest rate. The amount I have been approved for allows me to purchase in areas that are not safe. So I am in search of a private lender. As I educate myself on what is available for loan products in my particular borrowing situation, I now understand the difference between a hard lender and a private lender. Thank you.

User Stats

Votes
Erik Estrada
Lender
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied Nov 13 2022, 12:33
Quote from @Robbin Kimbell:

Thank you, Bob, for your feedback.

Hello Scott, It is not for the interest rate. The amount I have been approved for allows me to purchase in areas that are not safe. So I am in search of a private lender. As I educate myself on what is available for loan products in my particular borrowing situation, I now understand the difference between a hard lender and a private lender. Thank you.

Hey Robbin, 

What are the factors affecting your purchasing power? Is it your DTI?

How did your lender qualify you? Did they approve you for a conventional loan? 

Fuente Funding Inc.  Logo