Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Denise Knapp
Votes |
Jumping in on the last day of 2022, to make 2023 MY year!

Denise Knapp
Posted Dec 31 2022, 18:12

Hi all! I've been doing research and education on my own terms since 8 months. Ready to get my feet wet starting tomorrow :) Interested in buying, renting out midterm, repeating to build my portfolio.

User Stats

Votes
Katie Miller
Pro Member
  • General Manager, Publishing at BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • General Manager, Publishing at BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
ModeratorReplied Jan 6 2023, 10:35

Hi Denise! Welcome! What are you goals for your portfolio this year?!

Here's some general tips that might make your BP experience better:

1) I'd continue to fill out your profile before you do anything more, as that will at least help folks that you reach out to know that you are a real person! Particularly your goals for real estate investing so that folks on the site can help you achieve them.

2) Go to the search bar and type in the city/state where you are looking for your first deal. Find some local members in your area and reach out to a few folks, perhaps those with hundreds or thousands of posts in this forum, and connect! There's also a million local meetups you could filter through and attend in your area to meet in person.

3) Review this comprehensive 64 page deck on the state of the 2023 housing market for real estate investors put together by @Dave Meyer and available for all BiggerPockets members. It'll help you in this uncertain market!

4) If you already have a market in mind for your deals, go to our Agent Finder and connect with an investor-friendly agent who can help you close your deal.

Hope this helps! :)