Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes

California living looking for investment properties

Kaela Villalobos
Posted Jan 13 2023, 07:57

My husband and I own a home in California and we refinanced when rates were low. We took a cash out and are looking for an investment property. We were hoping to find one close to us which we could move into, live in for a year and then eventually rent out. But with housing prices so high, we started looking out of our immediate area. With this change comes challenges of finding the correct Realtor. We are hoping that through BiggerPockets we will find a knowledgeable investor friendly realtor, who can help us get to where we want to be. 

User Stats

Votes
Alli Breighner
  • Lender
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Jan 13 2023, 08:28

Hi Kaela-

Welcome to the BP community! This platform is a great place that offers numerous resources.

I would love to connect, and help you achieve this goal. Feel free to DM me if you'd like to hear more about ESC.

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Denver, CO
Replied Jan 13 2023, 09:28

I am an analyst at a real estate investment advisory firm and help clients invest out of state. In midwestern markets in specific. Feel free to reach out 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Kwan
  • Lender
  • Bellevue, WA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Bellevue, WA
Replied Jan 13 2023, 09:35

Hi Kaela,

It depends what price point are you looking for and perhaps you can move out to you current primary and convert it into a rental. If you have a lease to show and valid to 6-12months, you will be able to use it as a qualified income = more borrowing power. Our team work closely with investors and we are investors ourselves specifically in multi-family. I am located in Seattle, WA however our team members @Albert Bui @Carlos Valencia are located in OC,CA but it's definitely a long distance from San Luis right? Anyways, happy to help and support you in any way!

User Stats

Votes
Katie Miller
Pro Member
  • General Manager, Publishing at BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • General Manager, Publishing at BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
ModeratorReplied Jan 13 2023, 16:15
Quote from @Kaela Villalobos:

My husband and I own a home in California and we refinanced when rates were low. We took a cash out and are looking for an investment property. We were hoping to find one close to us which we could move into, live in for a year and then eventually rent out. But with housing prices so high, we started looking out of our immediate area. With this change comes challenges of finding the correct Realtor. We are hoping that through BiggerPockets we will find a knowledgeable investor friendly realtor, who can help us get to where we want to be. 

Hey! Welcome to BiggerPockets and thanks for joining!

Here are some tips for networking and making the most of your account in order to find an investor friendly agent

1) I'd fill out your profile fully before you do anything else! As that will at least help folks that you reach out to know that you are a real person, with a picture and professional bio. Particularly be sure to include your goals for real estate investing so that folks can help you.

2) Go to the Search bar, and look for some local members in your area! Reach out to a few of the folks, perhaps those with hundreds or thousands of posts in this forum, and connect. You can do that here.

3) Review this comprehensive 64 page deck on the state of the 2023 housing market for real estate investors put together by Dave Meyer and available for all BiggerPockets members.

4) Use our agent finder and set up a meeting with a few agents in your area even if you are just getting started! 

6) Consider analyzing a deal or two in your local market, just for practice, with a free use of our Rental Property Calculator (or other calculators).

Hope this helps! Please reach out with any questions you may have!