• New to Real Estate
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Votes |
The Beginning of my career

Hussein Shamsideen
  • New to Real Estate
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Posted Jan 26 2023, 14:12

Hello everyone my name is Hussein Shamsideen and I’m 19 years old. I’m in my second year of college and I’m interested in the Real Estate business. Am hoping to find someone in my area in this business to just sit down and ask questions to gain knowledge for the beginning of my journey. Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Devin James
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Jan 27 2023, 06:09

Hey Hussein Shamsideeb,

Bigger Pockets is a great community for you to be in & you will learn a bunch by reading through the forums. I also recommend that you attend some local meetups. If you consistently attend Meetups it will be hard for you not to reach your goals. At your age, you will be able to meet people that want to see you succeed, and if they see consistency, they will pour into you.

Good Luck!

User Stats

Votes
Hussein Shamsideen
  • New to Real Estate
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Replied Jan 27 2023, 08:20

Hey Devin, I will definitely attempt to find a meet up to attend. Thank you for your time and advice!

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Levi Dobson
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jan 27 2023, 08:25

@Hussein Shamsideen check out Meetup.com and see if there are any near you. Call an agent in your area, they will more than likely be happy to help you out. Read the forums and engage in them. BP is an incredible resource for all types of real estate businesses. 

User Stats

Votes
River Sava#2 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
River Sava#2 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Jan 27 2023, 08:34

Hi Hussein- great that you're jumping into REI at such a young age. I would suggest looking into different podcasts from seasoned investors, realtors, lenders, etc. I can point you in the right direction for some that helped me. Feel free to shoot me a DM would love to connect and help where I can

User Stats

Votes
Hussein Shamsideen
  • New to Real Estate
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Replied Jan 27 2023, 08:59

@Levi Dobson thank you I appreciate it. I will look into it and call up agents in my area thank you again!

User Stats

Votes
Hussein Shamsideen
  • New to Real Estate
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Replied Jan 27 2023, 09:00

@River Sava I will DM you thank you I really appreciate it!

User Stats

Votes
Levi Dobson
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jan 27 2023, 09:02
Quote from @Hussein Shamsideen:

@Levi Dobson thank you I appreciate it. I will look into it and call up agents in my area thank you again!

You're welcome, best of luck on your journey! Update us, we want to hear about your progress + it keeps you engaged!:]

User Stats

Votes
Hussein Shamsideen
  • New to Real Estate
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Replied Jan 27 2023, 09:23
Quote from @Levi Dobson:

You're welcome, best of luck on your journey! Update us, we want to hear about your progress + it keeps you engaged!:]

Will do! 

User Stats

Votes
Steven Foster Wilson
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jan 27 2023, 09:25

Hello everyone my name is Hussein Shamsideen and I’m 19 years old. I’m in my second year of college and I’m interested in the Real Estate business. Am hoping to find someone in my area in this business to just sit down and ask questions to gain knowledge for the beginning of my journey. Thank you!

If you have not read the book John Maxwells "Good Leaders Ask Great Questions." Then you should check it out. It has great questions that you may want to use.  Like:

1. What is the greatest lesson you have learned? By asking this question I seek their wisdom.
  2. What are you learning now? This question allows me to benefit from their passion.
  3. How has failure shaped your life? This question gives insight into their attitude.
  4. Who do you know whom I should know? This allows me to engage with their network.
  5. What have you read that I should read? This question directs my personal growth.
  6. What have you done that I should do? This helps me seek new experiences.
  7. How can I add value to you? This shows my gratitude and desire to add value to them."

These can be a great starting point for you

User Stats

Votes
Hussein Shamsideen
  • New to Real Estate
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Replied Jan 27 2023, 09:29
Quote from @Steven Foster Wilson:

If you have not read the book from John Maxwells book "Good Leaders Ask Great Questions."

"You may want to use them too:

1. What is the greatest lesson you have learned? By asking this question I seek their wisdom.
  2. What are you learning now? This question allows me to benefit from their passion.
  3. How has failure shaped your life? This question gives insight into their attitude.
  4. Who do you know whom I should know? This allows me to engage with their network.
  5. What have you read that I should read? This question directs my personal growth.
  6. What have you done that I should do? This helps me seek new experiences.
  7. How can I add value to you? This shows my gratitude and desire to add value to them."

These can be a great starting point for you

Wow @Steven Foster Wilson  thank you so much for that! I have saved those questions and plan on implementing them thank you again those are great!

User Stats

Votes
Dan Sheeks
Pro Member
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Denver, CO
Replied Jan 27 2023, 12:48

Hey @Hussein Shamsideen

Bigger Pockets recently published a book that's perfect for you! It's called First to a Million. You should check it out! www.biggerpockets.com/teen. I am the author and would be happy to answer any questions or jump on a phone call if you'd like.

I'm always happy to talk to young aspiring investors. I'm also a real estate investor and high school business teacher so working with young people is what I love to do! Feel free to DM me.

Best of luck to you!

Dan Sheeks

User Stats

Votes
Hussein Shamsideen
  • New to Real Estate
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Replied Jan 27 2023, 13:03
Quote from @Dan Sheeks:

Hey @Hussein Shamsideen

Bigger Pockets recently published a book that's perfect for you! It's called First to a Million. You should check it out! www.biggerpockets.com/teen. I am the author and would be happy to answer any questions or jump on a phone call if you'd like.

I'm always happy to talk to young aspiring investors. I'm also a real estate investor and high school business teacher so working with young people is what I love to do! Feel free to DM me.

Best of luck to you!

Dan Sheeks

Hey @Dan Sheeks  I will give the book a read and I would also like to jump on a call. I’ll shoot you a DM and hopefully we can schedule something. Thank you for reaching out!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes